When To Pay For Onboard Princess Excursion?

Travel-Jen

So we have only 1 excursion that we are doing through the Princess cruiseship directly, the rest are through independent vendors.

We are pre-reserved for it online, but it doesn't let us access the excursion to "prepay" for it. Does that mean we can wait until we are on the ship, or must I call Princess directly?

Thanks!

Oh, thank you. I had no idea. I have never traveled Princess before, so never experienced this.

RCI allows you to prereserve and pay online, just a little different. No big deal though.

So you pay before disembarking the ship then.

Oh, thank you. I had no idea. I have never traveled Princess before, so never experienced this.

So you pay before disembarking the ship then.

If you are paying by credit card, your tours will be included with your final Pricess billing, on you next credit card account, AFTER you leave the ship. You may also cancel any tours without penalty, up to three days before the tour.

john

Thanks John. I will probably pay with cash on the ship, saving the credit cards for other onboard charges. Can I pay during the cruise at the shore excursions desk too? Or must I wait until the very end?

All financial transactions onboard Princess ships are done at the Pursar's desk. Just go there and tell them you want to put some cash toward your account. They are always happy to take your money!

Thanks John. I will probably pay with cash on the ship, saving the credit cards for other onboard charges. Can I pay during the cruise at the shore excursions desk too? Or must I wait until the very end?

You do understand that you cannot use cash on the ship dont you? You can put cash against your onboard account but you cant use cash to pay for drinks, excursions, bingo, photos, etc. Everything will be charged to your room key and then at the end of the cruise those charges will go on the credit card or debit card that you provide when you check in. Or, if you want to cover your account with cash, then you have to provide the cash up front and add to it if you run short with your onboard charges.

My hubby and I use cash on one and credit card on another. But this was on Royal Caribbean, so not sure if Princess is different. Thanks for clarifying.

Sunsetbeachgal - Oh thanks! I've heard such great things about Princess, so we figured we'd give them a try this year! We're excited, we feel like first time cruisers all over again with a new cruiseline ;)!

Archived