Domed Train - Any Current Info?

98Charlie

We were on a Carnival cruise several years ago out of Miami on the ship Carnival Spirit (brand new that year). We enjoyed Belize, Costa Rica very much. We took the Two Oceans by Railroad excursion, can't remember the price but a bit pricey, worth it. When we got off the train in Panama City, we had a bus tour around the city with a number of stops for photos, When we got back to the train our box lunches were on the tables where we sat. The tour guide on our car was most informative, his name was Archibald Boyd. He had worked for many years on a US base and when they closed down he worked as a tour guide on the train. I think we had some 217 people from our ship on that train ride. Each car was set up with four top booths on one side and two top booths on the other side. The car had a bathroom and also an area they served coffee, drinks, etc. from.

• 4 weeks later...

I realize that this is probably a really dumb question, but would you take the dome car excursion if you're doing the full transit through the canal? We've never been through the canal before and we have an aft cabin on Celebrity's Summit. It seems to me that most people that take this excursion do not have the full canal transit.

Archived