Which cabin(s) for family of 4 on Mercury?

riggins

Hi guys-

We're heading to Alaska this summer on Mercury and I'm really confused about what cabin to pick. It will be me, DH, and our DDs who will be 6 and 7. We are currently booked in connecting OV cabins on deck 4. I'm really concerned that we're going to regret not having a balcony. We've cruised several times before and have had both connecting cabins and cozy quads. We don't mind the quads as long as the sleeping set-up is functional. Unfortunately, the cost of connecting balcony rooms is more than we want to spend. So, here are my other choices:

Sunset Verandah - $400 more - all of us in one cabin - I've found lots of pictures- I like the pullman over the sofa bed set up (like bunk beds), but not so sure about the mom/dad bed in the corner.

Sky Suite - $950 more - all of us in one cabin on deck 12 - I LOVE the balcony size, but I haven't been able to find pictures or a description of the 3rd/4th person sleeping arrangements. Does the sofa pull out to a double? Is there an overhead bunk?

I'd love thoughts any opinions.

Thanks

Leslie

Is Mercury an M class? We sailed on Millenium in a Family OV - if Mercury has the same set up (I know there's 4 M class but can't remember which ones?) - this would be great. The cabin has a "bedroom" area with bed and there's a separate "living" room with two foldout sofas - with an actual sliding door to separate the two if desired.

The Family OV's are aft balcony cabins - the balconies are huge. We were lucky enough to get a corner one - the balcony was about 300 square feet with a 270 degree view - so a really nice size balcony with kids and fantastic views! Even the inside Family OV's have very large balconies and the same bedroom/living room set up.

Archived