Which dock? Virgin Gorda - Azamara Journey

Karen S.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the Azamara Journey tenders to the Spanish Town dock or the North Sound-Bitter End dock? Would a taxi to the Baths be feasible from this dock? If so, do you have an idea of the cost and the time it takes to get there?

Thanks!

Karen

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the Azamara Journey tenders to the Spanish Town dock or the North Sound-Bitter End dock? Would a taxi to the Baths be feasible from this dock? If so, do you have an idea of the cost and the time it takes to get there?

Thanks!

Karen

Most of the lines that call at Virgin Gorda leave passengers at Spanish Town from there to the Baths is easy on one of the wagons. I know that Sea Dream drops passengers who are going to the Baths at Spanish Town and then moves to North Sound and picks its passengers up at Gun Creek on tenders and transports them back to the yacht. (BTW you cannot get to Bitter End by land.)

We were in Virgin Gorda last week on the Journey and tendered into Spanish Town. I rented a car for $50 and toured the entire island. Roads are good, just remember to drive on the left side. Saw the Baths which charge a $2.00 pp admission fee. Then off to the old copper mine then to the other end to Limeric (?) One of the best beaches you will find is called :)Savanah Bay:) about 15-20 minutes from Spanish Town. You can drive up to the sand and walk about 50 ft to the water. Only saw about 5 people on the entire beach, sad the cruise ship did not offer this to the guest. If you want to rent a car I found only one person in the area that had cars right at the dock, it was Mahogany Rentals. If you do rent from her be sure to check the airconditioning as our did not cool very well, so she made an ajustment on the rate when I returned. Want more info or a photo just leave a note and email address. Have fun...

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to rent a car I found only one person in the area that had cars right at the dock, it was Mahogany Rentals. If you do rent from her be sure to check the airconditioning as our did not cool very well, so she made an ajustment on the rate when I returned. Want more info or a photo just leave a note and email address. Have fun...

Hi. We may rent a car (or scooter?) in Spanish Town. Did you look around at other companies, or just go with Mahogany? I was curious if the prices at other places were similar to Mahogany. $50 isn't bad, but if there are cheaper places, I was wondering if it would be hard to get to the company's place to pick up a car. Also, would you happen to know if Mahogany has scooters or motorcycles to rent, and if they have a website? My email is howardruthalliejoey@gmail.

Thanks!

Ruth

Archived