Parking in Mobile

imirish

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware that the cruise we just got off of on 2/14 we had to pay cash for the parking garage. $75.00 for a 5 day cruise, and $60 for a 4 day cruise. They told us their "credit/debit" card machine was broken and people who wanted to use a credit card were told to to back out of the garage, find an ATM, then get back in line.:mad: There are ATM's on the ship, but they gouge you in fee's if you have to use it.

I am not saying they were lying about the machine being broken, but be aware that you may have to pay cash if you use the parking garage next to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
dumb question...can we pull up and drop off our luggage first? Thats how ive always done it in the past at other terminals...drop off...then park..?

Hi Jes, yes...after they do the security check outside the parking terminal, they will direct you inside to one of the porters to drop off your non carry-on luggage. Then you'll be directed up to the next level to pay and then to your parking spot.

We were able to park right at 10:30 am. I will agree it was the smoothest boarding we ever had.

Hi Jes, yes...after they do the security check outside the parking terminal, they will direct you inside to one of the porters to drop off your non carry-on luggage. Then you'll be directed up to the next level to pay and then to your parking spot.

We were able to park right at 10:30 am. I will agree it was the smoothest boarding we ever had.

thank you so much.. ive been awaiting responses... thank you.. I m glad its going to be smooooooth... lol Hopeyou had fun!!!! have a great day!!

• 7 months later...
thank you so much.. ive been awaiting responses... thank you.. I m glad its going to be smooooooth... lol Hopeyou had fun!!!! have a great day!!

Jes,,,this is too funny. I was looking for alternative parking and found a post with you in it,,,,oh,,,and Mike too!! Haha!!

In September we took a Holiday cruise out of Mobile and had a great time. I will give you some info. about alternative lots. Having read a Mobile parking thread about alternative parking lots, we went looking for the less expensive lots. Because of a Labor Day parade on our departure day, Government street was closed until about 11 a.m. We parked on street a few blocks away and walked to the Radisson at 251 Government Street. We found an uncovered lot directly across from the Radisson on Government Street, a lot that is $10.00 a day. You pay and get your receipt from a machine that takes cash or credit cards. We parked there no problem.

While on the ship another passenger said there was a $7.00/day lot close by. On our return I took a walk around the Radisson and discovered the other lot. It is a covered lot next to the Radisson with an entry off S. Jackson, a one way northbound street. If driving from the east on Government take a left on Joachim just before the Radisson then take a right on Church right behind the hotel and then another right on Jackson and the lot is halfway up the block.

I am sure this is the same lot the Radisson uses. So for a 5 day cruise you can pay the Radisson $55.00 and use their shuttle or pay $35.00 and walk. The walk is between 1/2 and 3/4 mile and takes 15 - 20 minutes.

Archived