I Received My Compass Rewards

Whippets

So now what? Do we wait or call?

You can wait and hope that they clean up their own mess and send out the correct certs or you can write them as many here are doing. A phone call will get you nothing more than wasted time, frustration, and the suggestion to put it all in writing.

I guess I am a little perplexed on why I (we) have to do BOA's job for them: they already have copies of our Dec and Jan bills , a list of who is (was) enrolled in the program, and hopefully a program that states the amount of certificates they have sent out to everyone.

Is BOA going to pay me for doing their rep's job?

Ditto!

Whoa, wait a minute. How can they do this???????? If you have $500 points you should have a choice as to whether you want the upgrade certificates or the $500 certificate. Why are they sending those 5 upgrades?

This is just plain wrong. Did you know about this prior to now? If so, I'm sorry you didn't request to have the $500 certificate sent to you prior to this mass distribution of certificates.

Good luck...I'd be furious too.

CG

CG -

I believe what happened (please correct me if I'm wrong), is that, if you have from 401-499 points, they give you the four 100 point certificates (the low/no-value upgrade ones), then, for the fraction of 100 points, they give another 100 point certificate. Thus, you end up with 5 - 100-point upgrade certificates.

It seems like they gave out certificates first, then rounded up the remainder and gave out one more; instead of rounding up and giving out certificates (which would make a difference if you were in the 401-499 point range!).

Seems to be worth a letter to the dispute resolution folks to try to get that $500 certificate, but I can see how it might get turned down.

Good luck!

I'll give them till the weekend to see if anything else comes in and if not then i'll call BOA to find out the next step.

Hazel-

The other thread (in the sticky on top of the list of threads) has information on the address to send in your complaints, I think it went something like --

NCL Compass Rewards Dispute Resolution

c / o Megadocshredders, Inc.

101 Confetti Lane

Worldpoints are wonderful, XX 12345

Seriously, though, from my calls to BOA, I don't think waiting will change anything. You are not alone in the point calculation problem!

Good luck!

I guess I am a little perplexed on why I (we) have to do BOA's job for them:

I'm waiting for my certificates, but I guess I'll do their job if they screw it up so that I can get what I'm entitled to. Will I like it? NO!!! But I'll do it (well actually to get my 2 $500 certs I'll do it...I don't think I'll go out of my way if they forget the 2 upgrade certificates)

Maybe this is where the $ for their CEO came from ;)

Hi,

Just received my certificate in the mail. After gathering 288 points all I got was "one upgrade certificate".

I was thinking since this one doesn't say, inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview, maybe this is one of those "real" upgrades. oceanview to balcony? Maybe that is why I received this. I was told it doesn't say oceanview to oceanview, but that is what it is.

That is all I got for 288 points!

Add me to the list.

Still anxiously awaiting today's mail in Kentucky... We have two cards and are supposed to receive 2 $500 certs and 1 upgrade for one, and 3 $500 certs and 2-3 updates for the other. We really don't care about the upgrades, just the $500 certs...

I'm just glad we don't cruise until December, giving us more time to fight the battle. Our plan is to use 2-3 for our upcoming cruise, then use the remainder on a yet-to-be booked Bermuda cruise in 2010.

No problem Barb---I think they're taking a little extra time on sending our certificates (yours & mine) just so they can check, double check and then check again, that they got them right. :D (Ok maybe I'm dreaming LOL)

Hi Monte' date='

Do you mind if I wait here with you?;):D I missed your previous post.

My latest statement says zero pts, so they've gone somewhere.:rolleyes::eek::)

Hopefully will get to the boonies (Manhattan) by the weekend.[/quote']

Or, taking off the rose-colored glasses, yours and mine are totally screwed up, Monte!:eek:

I'm thinking maybe Bermuda this fall looks like a good place to use the cert. if it ever gets here.:rolleyes:

Well, I'm never the first one to get NCL's emails either.;):)

Earned 3 and they gave me 4. Must book a cruise by Jan 31, 2010 and go on the cruise by Jan 31, 2011.

There is no explanation, just call NCL.

There was a line or two about World Points. I went to the BOA website and it told me to put in my card #, name & zip code. Okay that worked. But it would not recognize my card #, name, zip code when I clicked to find out how the points will be able to be used. The first screen (available to anyone) said "cruise" but the 2nd screen only had "travel."

Anyone have any information?

We received ours yesterday. We had enough for 2 $500 certs and that was about it. We rec'd the 2 certs as well as 2 upgrade certs (1 for each card) even though we didn't have enough points left over for them, the letter said they were sending them to us anyway. Like others mentioned before us, our concern centered around the 2 $500ones. We have no clue what World Points we have accumulated, they're not showing anywhere yet, oh well....

Or' date=' taking off the rose-colored glasses, yours and mine are totally screwed up, Monte!:eek:[/quote']

Naw - that couldn't be it! (no rose colored glasses involved---it's now the power of positive thinking ;))

Ok the other sticky board i got several addresses. So tonight ill call to confirm which is the right one. Meanwhile i posted this over there and i figured id come here to post too. So you guys can tell me if i did it wrong.

I printed out all my statements so i can have them in front of me when i go home tonight to talk to these people on the phone.

Sure as heck this is what i got.

Nov 17 closing statement showed i had 145 points

Dec 17 closing statement showed i had 354 points.

from December 18th through December 31st i made purchases that totaled $1247.89 NON NCL CHARGES and $3011.67 NCL CHARGES.

If you multiply the 1248 x 3 is 37 points

If you multiply the 3012 x 4 is 120 points

so my final total points on Dec 31st were 511

Unless they are not counting the Dec 18- Dec 31 things purchased it still does not make any sense, since I had 354 points on Dec 17th closing so they should have sent me 3 if not 4 100 point upgrades right? LOL

I was owed 2038 points worth of certificates, 4 $500 and 1 upgrade. They sent me one upgrade and told me my balance was 13 points!!!!! Called NCL, Bank of America, and NCL is trying to help since I was going to use those points to pay for a booked cruise. Bank of America, who sends them out,will not go out of their way to help at all. I have to mail in a complaint and it takes 6-8 weeks to hear from them. That is too late for my booked cruise, looks like we are canceling with penalties (travel agent). Time for a new credit card, the bastards!

I was owed 2038 points worth of certificates, 4 $500 and 1 upgrade. They sent me one upgrade and told me my balance was 13 points!!!!! Called NCL, Bank of America, and NCL is trying to help since I was going to use those points to pay for a booked cruise. Bank of America, who sends them out,will not go out of their way to help at all. I have to mail in a complaint and it takes 6-8 weeks to hear from them. That is too late for my booked cruise, looks like we are canceling with penalties (travel agent). Time for a new credit card, the bastards!

I don't blame you for being pissed big time. I imagine there will be more folks like you who planned on using them for final payment and now will have to either pay with their own money or cancel. I'm like you, as soon as I get everything owed me, I'm canceling that card. As it is, I haven't used it since the first of the year.

Got my incorrect certificates today. We had 2008 points as of our December statement closing date (12/23) and maybe $100 worth of charges between 12/23 and 12/31. We got one $100 upgrade certificate and the statement said our balance as of 12/31 was 1 point!

Well' date=' right or wrong, you're getting certificates while I sit here in Manhattan with nothing so far.

I'm expecting a $500 cert. plus one lousy upgrade for the remaining points.

Is anyone else still waiting?

Hope everyone gets their disputes settled.[/quote']

Definitely still waiting! I am still waiting on BOA to notify me that they are ending the Compass Rewards Program....

Archived