Back from 11/07 AOS, Any ???

gritsgirl

We had a fantastic trip (29 of us in total) and if I can't answer I'm sure someone else will jump in and answer.

In spite of the rain that followed the AOS, we had a great time. Wonderful food, the most attentive wait staff (Cyrus and Florin). DD 12 years old, had a blast. Snorkeled on St. John (St. Thomas). ABC Jeep tour in Aruba (for some of us). Our guide Gabriel was great. Shopped in St. Thomas. Snorkel on St. Thomas was with The Dancing Dolphin (RCCL excursion) and was the best time. A lot of the excursions were cancelled that day because of the weather, but they took us to Buck Island and the skies cleared and we loved it.

Room attendant was unobtrusive, but provided for our every need. We have no complaints about the ship whatsoever. I'm just sorry I'm home with cold weather in PA.

Not very many children on this cruise, we had our daughter. I noted on CC that kids can be a problem. I watched and really didn't see anything going on. Our DD was with us 80% of the time. The other times, she was in our cabin or grabbing ice cream or nachos from the Windjammer.

We leave 11/28 on the AOS. I'm glad to hear the food is good. I've read so many mixed reviews on the food. I can say, I've not gone hungry on the past 3 cruses. Don't think I will this time.

This will be the biggest ship we've been on. Should be plenty to do. We always manage to entertain ourselves.

Any little helpful hints or short cuts you found would be nice. The first day is always our "explore the ship" day.

BevGoo: I can't think of any shortcuts, maybe someone else can. We did find having kids seapass card on a lanyard helpful, for me too. We tipped on our account and the vouchers were in the room on Friday nite with envelopes provided. Lots of $1 bills for tipping room service, cabs, ect., is a good idea.

Our cabin was on the 7th floor and we walked to most everything (for the exercise). The ice show was fantastic. Got the tix on Tues. for Thurs. show.

Someone did miss an excursion on St. Thomas, they were 10 min. late. So when it says 9:00, be there, even if it means waiting. Obviously, that excursion didn't wait for her.

How was the boarding? What time did you get there and where there long lines or a long wait?

I'm tempted to ask about how people dressed in the dining room......but on second thought.....I won't go there!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise despite all the rain. Hopefully it will dry out in the next couple of weeks before we go.

Heidi

We just booked AoS for 10/30/2005 after a great time on EoS this September. Some of the reviews I read make a tad nervous. There seem to be many complaints that nobody onboard speaks English and that the ship is in bad shape. Did you find that?

Heidict: I was convinced to take a taxi and forego the transfers. Took a chance and did the transfer. Shuttle took 10 min. at the most to load, it was air cond. Right to the pier, line took 10-15 min. We got off the plane at 11:35 and were in our cabin at 12:35. Eating lunch in Windjammer at 1:00. Friends of ours flew in the nite b/f and were on board at 11:30 (I think). Luggage was there right b/f dinner at 6:00.

I didn't look around alot in the dining room, but everyone dressed appropriately on the designated nites on our side of the dining room. Some in our group LOVE to dress and dressed in dresses every nite.

Angelsil: I'm pretty easy to please and not picky. Geez, someone is making my bed, cutting up my food and bringing me extra desserts I don't ask for. I didn't notice anything not up to par. One day a kid (I guess) threw cocoa puffs from an upper floor down the spiral staircase area and they laid on the floor more than a couple hours. They could of laid there a day or more in my house!

The staff goes out of their way to please and meet your needs. Absolutely, the friendliest folks.

[quote name='angelsil']We just booked AoS for 10/30/2005 after a great time on EoS this September. Some of the reviews I read make a tad nervous. There seem to be many complaints that nobody onboard speaks English and that the ship is in bad shape. Did you find that?[/QUOTE]

Definite Baloney. We went on 10/10/04 and the ship was perfect, always maintenance being done, never saw anything that wasn't clean. The only non-english we heard the entire week was from the crew.

Archived