Southern Carribean beaches/things to do

cruiser881438

We didn't do a beach day in St. Thomas, but we were married on a beach in Barbados and did a beach day in Antigua. We went to Runaway in Antigua, which from reports is now called Sandhaven after the bar and grill that's on the beach.

We were married on Foul Bay in Barbados which is gorgeous, but no swimming allowed due to the rip currents. We took pictures of Bathsheba and looked around, but didn't stay to hang out as we were still in our wedding clothes. Crane and Accra get good reviews too and the pictures I've seen are great.

Any advice on which are the best beaches on the southern Carribean intineary? (Antigua, Barbados, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts)???

Are you reading any of the Victory threads on here. There are 3 or 4 active threads with such info. Also, a search would bring up info.

The ports boards have info on each island on the itenerary... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Any advice on which are the best beaches on the southern Carribean intineary? (Antigua, Barbados, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts)???

I love Carlisle Bay in Barbados -- absolutely beautiful -- I've never seen the aqua water turn such a deep blue anywhere in the Caribbean.

Maagen's Bay in St. Thomas is a crowd favorite, as is Trunk Bay in neighboring St. John. If you have enough time, I'd recommend the trip over to St. John.

St. Kitts -- I don't remember the name of the beach, but there's a beautiful one on the southeast side of the island.

We are just back from this cruise. We are beach people; not sight-seeing people.

St. Thomas - went to Magen's Bay ($4 to get in and it was worth it).

Dominica - no good beaches. We stayed on the boat.

Barbados - did the catamaran & sea turtle tour - excellent - the highlight of our trip. The beach we went to was isolated; pure; warm water; silky white sand. Absolutely one of the best beaches we went to.

Antigua - THE best beach we went to: Runaway Bay (Sandhaven Beach). Perfect.

St. Lucia - didn't care for the locals. We found this island a bit scary. Never made it to the beach.

St. Kitts - Cockelshell Beach - you need water shoes to get into the water. Tons of shells to walk through. Not a favorite, and would not return to this island.

We just got back from Victory. Our idea of a great beach is one that is not crowded, white clean sand, palm trees, and blue blue water and if lucky, good swimming. With that in mind, we absolutely loved:

Barbados: Rockley/Accra

Antigua: Turner's

St. Thomas: Megan's Bay

Enjoy. That's what it's all about!

Archived