Celebrity or Princess??

bmweezer

My wife-to-be and I are going on our honeymoon in February, either aboard Celebrity's Millenium or Princess's Star, both out of Fort Lauderdale. We are often-traveled RCCL loyalists, but for the honeymoon we're willing to try something new. Any advice on which ship we should take??

Thanks

Bryan

I LOVE RCCL (have cruised 3 Voyager class + Enchantment), but have also done one Celebrity (Millenium) and one Princess (Golden Princess) cruise. In I would choose Celebrity for your honeymoon. Millenium had a slightly more upscale atmosphere, was a little quieter (fewer wacky games by the pool, more music for dancing at night) and felt more like a romantic special occaision cruise. I found Princess to be simply a weaker version of the RC product (although it wasn't a bad cruise by any means).

Hope this helps...

Bryan,

Both a great choices for a honeymoon!

I would say that on Celebrity you would find better (maybe not better, maybe more sophisticated) food along with some extras such as the sorbet parade at the pool at about 2:00 every sea day and ice cold towels when returning from shore excursions. Last March on the Summit we had absolutely nothing to do after dinner, which on a honeymoon you might not care about.

I find Princess very comparable to RCCL. There are more activities going on throughout the day and plenty of hopping places for night life. I think the average age on Princess is less than Celebrity, but that also depends on the time of the year and the length of the cruise.

Hope this helps

Betty

Archived