15th Street Fisheries

michmike

Just a heads up about this place. Had read good recommendations about it here on the boards, but apparently wasn't reading closely enough. We went last week and I was kind of surprised that the place wasn't any bigger and that the menu was more of a bar food type menu than the more upscale seafood menu I had anticipated.

Turns out that there are 2 levels to the bldg and the lower level is the bar type grub and the finer dining is upstairs. There was just a sign as we walked in that said seat yourself, so we had no idea.

That having been said, what we did have (fish and chips, conch chowder and wonderful conch fritters) was good and obviously much more reasonable than upstairs would have been. Service by a young lady from Haiti whose name I can't remember, was great.

Also don't miss the tarpon feeding if they are doing that while you are there.

I don't think you missed anything. Upstairs is more expensive, and the food may be a little more substantial, but it's definitely not a fine dining atmosphere, more like a sea shanty. I've actually never eaten downstairs but will try it if I go back there again.

Archived