child on board??

sunflower girl

My DH and I disagree on this topic, so I am asking...has anyone gone SCUBA diving and left their child on board the ship? I am not really comfortable with this, even going on a ship's excursion and my Dh thinks it is fine. DD will be 5 when we cruise, not old enough to make it to the next port alone. We MAY be cruising with friends but they have not confirmed yet.

We are looking at the Carnival Legend, GC, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel...not sure if that matters or not.

thanks! I am posting on the family board too..but thought someone might have some insight here too.

MY DW would NEVER even consider doing that unless a relative was also crusing with us, and by extension wouldn't even let me consider doing that, ever. I agree with her AND you.

Personally, I think your DH needs to re-examine his priorities.

If your child were to be in some supervised, baby-sitting program on the ship, maybe. But I would think it over about 20 times before I did that, and probably not do it anyway. Quiet time is very important for parents, but I think this scenario is pushing the envelope way too far.

I assume you would never leave her alone in the cabin, of course. No way on that. I would expect parents that do that to be prosecuted on child endangerment charges. Sadly enough, that type of thing does happen.

Best option would be to be leaving her with friends on the ship.

Second best would be to leave her with the Camp Carnival crew.

Third best option would be to bring her along and leave her with the dive boat's crew.

In no way should she just be left on the ship or in her cabin alone.

If friends do not come she would be in Camp Carnival....alone in the cabin!!! I am freaking out right now...that is horrible...unbelievably horrible. I did not even think that someone could EVER think that - she is 5.

We would probably go to Eden Rock in GC...as many of you know already, shore dive in walking distance from the ship. That said - I don't want to leave her in CC with us off the ship, I don't really care what we are doing. Still afraid that something could happen and could liss the ship.

Archived