Distance from Port Chalmers to Octagon

Publicans

I'm hoping that someone can tell me how long it takes to get from where the ship comes in at Port Chalmers(Dunedin) to the Visitor Centre, Octagon.

We are looking at a couple of private tours that leave from the visitor centre. Our ship gets to port at 9am. Would it be possible time wise to be there for a castle tour leaving at 10am.?? :confused:

Are there shuttle buses to and from and what would the cost be?

Really hoping that someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me how long it takes to get from where the ship comes in at Port Chalmers(Dunedin) to the Visitor Centre, Octagon.

We are looking at a couple of private tours that leave from the visitor centre. Our ship gets to port at 9am. Would it be possible time wise to be there for a castle tour leaving at 10am.?? :confused:

On the Volendam there was a free shuttle, once on the bus it took about 30 minutes. We chose a 2pm tour from the visitors centre, the afternoon tours left you back at the ship. I would check that 9am arrival it seems a bit late, by the time you got off the ship you would not make it by 10am unless by taxi. What ship are you on ?

Hi we were there on the Diamond Princess at Christmas. Princess charged but the tourist centre in Port Chalmers run free shuttles to their information centre..walk around the corner back to the main drag and there are public buses only a few dollars certainly less than $5 into the city centre bus exchange a couple of minutes walk from the Octogon...I think the public buses were every half and hour and it took about 20mins.

Great tours from the tourist centre at the Octogon.

The Antartic Centre is fabulous and not to be missed!

We're on the Sun Princess arriving Feb.22nd. I should imagine that a taxi would be pretty expensive.

Your ship does arrive at 9am I personally would take a ship's tour to the castle. If the ship is late or sometimes it takes a long time to get off your pre booked tour may cost you money. Tours leave around 11am and 2pm from the tourist office we also wanted to do the castle but our afternoon trip did not go there. We had a great bus driver, a young uni student from Dunedin, he was full of information. Another option is to share a taxi for say four hours, you will see plenty in that length of time.

I think you will find thats in Christchurch

Told you holidays turn your brain to mush....yes that's right Christchurch for the Antartic Centre other info is right.

You will get off fairly quickly. The tourist offices are well used to the ships..I think they are expecting 60 this season.

Archived