Question for Druke I

loum140

Hello Druke I: I noticed that you took the eastbound T/A on Regatta in March 2008. We have booked our first T/A on Regatta for March 2010. I know it's over a year away, but I would really appreciate your input re: what to expect in terms of weather, generally speaking. I'm an out-doors kind of person, even if I have to sit on a lounge chair with a blanket. (I'm sure it'll be rough participating in golf putting, but we've had some pretty high winds on sea days in the Caribbean last month and people still made holes-in-one.)

I'm really looking for help with my packing list. I guess daytime apparel on board will be layers -- jogging suits and/or jeans?

Any help you can give would be great. Thanks in advance, Marsha

Well, we had fair weather and smooth seas for our crossing, March 08, Miami to Barcelona, but there are no guarantees regarding weather or sea state. We've had smooth crossings, and some very rough ones also.

Dressing - layering works very well if you plan to be out on deck. I like lounging up in The Patio on Deck 9 when weather permits. It is fairly well protected from the wind.

Jogging suits are very common, jeans less so.

Thanks Michael! Our crossing is two weeks later in March than yours was but I'm sure conditions should be about the same. I guess it's fleece pullover/jackets or jogging suits with T-shirts for days on board. Did anyone use the pool? How was the weather in the port cities? Warm enough for walking shorts/capris? Marsha

Yes, there were a couple of brave souls in the swimming pool on our crossing. The hot tubs also got some use.

Our only port stop was Funchal Madeira, and the weather was quite pleasant - shorts would have been fine. I think my wife did wear capris in Funchal - but I wore my usual long trousers. I don't often bare my stork-like legs!

Archived