Time to Make Flight in Vancouver

PastorD2

My wife and I will be debarking in Vancouver off of a Coral Princess cruise. I have no idea of the travel time to the airport from the dock. Is it possible to make a 11:30 am flight or not?

Thanks to those who are familiar with the lay of the land in this area!

There have been several threads regarding this question lately and you are going to get mixed answers.

Just be aware that you have customs, immigration, airline security and a 30 minute ride to the airport when you disembark from the ship. Alot of people say 11:30 am flight can be done and others say don't do it.

My experience is that we took a Princess transfer to the airport for a 2:30 pm flight on our cruise and made it just fine.

I would just be sure to have a back up plan in case you run into time constraints.:)

This is good information to know. We are also looking at an 11:30a flight to arrive the same evening, should we decide on the southbound trip. Unfortunately our dates are limited for our return dates, so we would like to get the longest flight (East Coast to ANC) out of the way first.

I didn't see any prices on the website though. It sounds like this has to be purchased thru the cruise line. Any idea what it would cost for Princess?

Not all cruiselines participate in US Direct. Best to check with Princess for availability and pricing.

The OP should consider NB instead of SB. You have to fly to or from ANC no matter what, so "getting it out of the way" is true, but not a very strong reason IMO. We found the scenery getting better and better as we went north. To me, a SB cruise would seem like eating dessert first and ending with salad. All very nice, but not the same effect! Also, most SB cruises are somewhat higher priced due to higher demand (everyone wants the ANC flight behind them).

My wife and I will be debarking in Vancouver off of a Coral Princess cruise. I have no idea of the travel time to the airport from the dock. Is it possible to make a 11:30 am flight or not?

Thanks to those who are familiar with the lay of the land in this area!

We will be disembarking in Vancouver in May. RCCL advised us to not book our flight before 12:30.

This is good information to know. We are also looking at an 11:30a flight to arrive the same evening, should we decide on the southbound trip. Unfortunately our dates are limited for our return dates, so we would like to get the longest flight (East Coast to ANC) out of the way first.

I didn't see any prices on the website though. It sounds like this has to be purchased thru the cruise line. Any idea what it would cost for Princess?

It's about $15-20 in addition to the transfer, per person.

Last July we had a Sat. 12:20 flight from YVR off the Diamond Princess with US Direct, which Princess calls EZ Check. I think we had enough spare time for lunch at the airport.

It didn't seem like our transfer was unusually quick, although we did not get stuck in traffic. It took a while for customs to board and check the bus at the airport - maybe 20 min. We went through a security line inside that wrapped at least three or four times, with maybe 25 people per leg.

July 2009 we have a 12:05 flight out of YVR off Coral Princess. I called Princess and they confirmed that EZ Check will be available, so I am comfortable with our flight time. With Princess, you sign-up for EZ Check onboard. It is done with a disembarkation survey delivered to your cabin on the second or third day of the cruise.

Archived