Oasis to visit Southampton U.K.....

RJL58

This ship is designed to sail in a warm and somewhat dry climate year round. Assuming that criteria, if one was allocated to Europe, where would it sail?

Well there's two that come to mind. Currently IOS goes to do either a trip to the Canary Islands off the West coast of Africa, for about 10-12 nights, then there's the West Med cruise for a 14 nighter. That's the warmer climate ones, the other one I know of offhand is the one to Cobh in Ireland, which is a 4 nighter usually after a West Med cruise.

Only issue would be that with the ship so big, it may be limited to where it could go. I do wonder if say with Lisbon, if it would fit under the April 25th bridge. And Livorno, the dock there was tight for IOS.

Still, if Europe doesn't get to 'keep' one of these ships, then I'm sure people could still enjoy sailing on her out of PC.

I know Southampton would be able to take her easily. But then, if the ship is so big, RCI may feel that you don't need to set foot off ship for the cruise and just sail around the area, as Oasis will be a destination in it's own right.

Scrozuk

Archived