Pinney's beach on Catamaran Trips like the ship's Fan-ta-sea excursion?

Lsimon

Has anyone been on one of the Catamaran trips to Pinney's beach on Nevis recently?

I know that the beach was in bad shape from last fall's hurricane and that these trips were going to an alternate stop. But I've heard from one of the companies running the excursion that they've recently started going back there again.

I'd love to hear some first hand experiences the trip and how your time on the beach was.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone been on one of the Catamaran trips to Pinney's beach on Nevis recently?

I know that the beach was in bad shape from last fall's hurricane and that these trips were going to an alternate stop. But I've heard from one of the companies running the excursion that they've recently started going back there again.

I'd love to hear some first hand experiences the trip and how your time on the beach was.

Someone from my Victory rollcall just received an e-mail from Carnival stating that the Fan-ta-sea is still using an "alternate" beach on St. Kitts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from a cruise where we did this trip on 3/31/09. Catamaran was run by Blue Water, although booked through the ship as the Fan-ta-sea. We did not go to Nevis. Crew member indicated the beach area is still not in good shape but that they are hiping to resume trips there next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any recent experiences with Leeward Island catamarans? Also, does anyone have a current email address for them? We are on the Victory and will be there 5/23 and want to try to book a catamaran excursion. Carnival offers the Fan - ta - Sea excursion, but at $122 per person I was hoping to find something a little more affordable. Thanks for your help! Also, is Leeward definitely going to Pinney's Beach now?

Thanks so much island gyal. I was wondering if Leeward Charter has any excursions through Carnival though because I do not see anything listed other than one called the "Fan-ta-Sea" excursion. Is this, in fact Leeward Charters? If not, can I still book directly with Leeward? I sent them an email at the address you provided, but if you have any info about it that would be great.

What is the 1/2 day catamaran like that you can book at the store in the port?

Thanks again for all your help. Your insight/advice on here is great!

Both Blue Water Safaris and Leeward Island Charters has excursions through Carnival. Carnival just renames it Fan-ta-Sea.

The 1/2 day catamaran departs at 9:30AM-1:30PM and includes complimentary drinks and a light lunch.

You stop in Shi-tten Bay to snorkel and then return to the marina. The crew are a fun group of guys as well. And not hard on da eyes. :P

Hi Island Gyal,

I found a 1/2 excursion that sounds like what you have described on the Carnival excursions page. Here it is..

Sail & Snorkel Adventure

Board your catamaran and sail the crystal clear waters to ****tens Bay for a rewarding snorkeling experience.

On this excursion you will:

• Watch the sails unfurl as your leisurely cruise proceeds along the the Leeward Coast of St. Kitts, passing the Frigate Bay resort area and Friars Bay before arriving at your snorkeling destination.
  • Discover ****tens Bay, a secluded and unspoiled cove accessible only by sea. This is home to an abundance of marine life with several varieties of reef fish and beautiful coral formations.
  • Snorkel, swim, or relax onboard your spacious catamaran. Novice snorkelers will be offered special assistance.
  • During your return sail enjoy rum punch, sodas, beer and other beverages as you relax and admire the scenery as it passes by.

Note: Snorkeling equipment, professional instruction, complimentary beverages and transportation are all included.

Children must be accompanied by an adult to participate in the snorkeling.

Sunscreen, camera and a towel are recommended. Fresh water is available for rinse after snorkeling.

---------

This does not mention lunch so is it the same one you mentioned above with either Leeward or Blue Water Safaris?

The one they advertise as the "Fan-ta-Sea" catamaran excursion is for the full day (9 am to 3 pm) and includes lunch. It does not go to Shi-tten Bay. Do you know who operates this one?

Sorry for all these questions, I am just trying to figure it all out! Thank you again!

ps..My 19 year old daughter will be with me, so I am sure she will be happy to hear that the crew is easy on the eyes haha. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I was in St.Kitts about 2 wks ago and had stayed at The Marriott Hotel and I was looking around for Cat Trips,went to the Tour Desk and inquired.Heard that lunch was to be served on the beach so I decided to sign up,until I found out that the cat that was going out was serving lunch on board.

Instantly changed my mind and did some inquiries on my own and found that Leeward Islands is the only company that does lunch RIGHT on the beach in Nevis and not Blue Water.My choice was obviously Leeward.

Check out their website:http://www.stkittsleewardislandscharters.com

Archived