Ferry to Tangiers

Several years ago we took a ferry from Algerciris Spain to Tangier Morrocco. I can't seem to find any info on it now. Anyone know why they dropped that route or if they did?

Check here:

http://www.nautas-almaghreb.com/

and

http://www.trasmediterranea.es/trasmeweb/chgidi.do;jsessionid=JW3F9VZkqqHS2TLbwzdFkJdqSDm16xhgR1tGZgQ6J2Th44DhfSBd!-175387924?codidi=2

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 2 months later...

When you get off the ferry, I would suggest having a private tour guide in Tangiers. Yes, you could try to see the sights on your own, but it could be risky. Cabs should be avoided unless you are totally familiar with the city.

We used a private tour guide and you should review the following thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=19369584#post19369584

We arranged for a guide in Tangiers. I think we got his name from a Rick Steves book. He was very good. We could not have seen what we did by ourselves. He met us at the ferry, and he dropped us off at the ferry. It was a very good day.

Can you remember his name and how to get hold of him. We are going to take the ferry in November and want to meet up with a guide.

Did you book the ferry in advance or just show up that day?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Mary

Can you remember his name and how to get hold of him. We are going to take the ferry in November and want to meet up with a guide.

Mary

Our guide in Tangiers was Said (pronounced Sah-eed). He is a well educated man who lives and breathes Tangiers, has a great van that will hold up to six persons (I believe, but we were only two) and the driver. He even bought a rose for my wife.

As it turned out he charged us less than Aziz and about one half of what the ship's tour would have cost. How can you go wrong with $50 per person for an all day tour?

For details go to www.d-destination.com or email him at contact@d-destination.com

You should also be aware that there will be several 'guides' waiting at the dock who may or may not be trusted to take you to the places where you want to shop, etc. I suggest you go by recommendations and forget about cabs.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much. I just emailed them to see if they can do it on the day we want to go.

Did you have to park at the terminal in Spain? If so, was it easy?

Mary

We were on a cruise ship when we did Tangiers. But Said told us that he also keeps track of people who arrive by ferry from Spain.

I just don't know about parking at the Spanish terminal. Perhaps others, including the guides, might know.

If you are referring to Tariffa, there is a car park right beside the ferry terminal. You need to be at the ferry terminal a little early...this is where you will clear customs. There is also quite a bit on 'on street' parking as I recall. We just walked over from our hotel.

Archived