Queen Victoria-HELP-last minute questions

shazz56

Hi all,

We are sailing in a matter of days on the Queen Victoria but i have a couple (for now) last minute questions....

1) Is there detergent supplied in the laundry (cost or free), or should i bring my own detergent?

2) Are there many coat hangers supplied and can they be removed from the wardrobe for drying clothes on? Or are they like motel rooms that are a permanent fixture in the wardrobe?

3) Are jeans ok for restaurants during the day?

4) What does the soft drink card cover? Just soft drinks? Do people really take on their own cans or bottles of soft drinks on board? Is it really worth the hassle? Surely a soft drink card is worth the cost of at least 3 drinks a day?

As the time gets closer, I am panicing that i wont have enough formal clothes or be suitable attired.

cheers,

Sharon

Hi all,

We are sailing in a matter of days on the Queen Victoria but i have a couple (for now) last minute questions....

1) Is there detergent supplied in the laundry (cost or free), or should i bring my own detergent?

Supplied and free.

2) Are there many coat hangers supplied and can they be removed from the wardrobe for drying clothes on? Or are they like motel rooms that are a permanent fixture in the wardrobe?

We found there were plenty - but you may need to double up on some. They are the hotel style and can only be used in the wardrobe, unless you jury rig something with a lump of string.

In my usual spineless wimp fashion I'm kind of reluctant to answer this one given it's potential for causing mayhem around here. But, for once in my life, I'm going to be a big brave soldier and say "YES" - Incoming!!!!

4) What does the soft drink card cover? Just soft drinks? Do people really take on their own cans or bottles of soft drinks on board? Is it really worth the hassle? Surely a soft drink card is worth the cost of at least 3 drinks a day?

Sorry, never used it, but I'm certain plenty of others have and will give you better advice. My guess is that it's fine though. Given the amount of stuff that we lug on board every time, the thought of adding packs of cans and bottles to the burden fills me with horror.

As the time gets closer, I am panicing that i wont have enough formal clothes or be suitable attired.

Stop panicking - you are going on a holiday. Nothing more and nothing less. Do not under any circumstances allow that holiday to be impaired in any way at all by any of the horror stories you have read in this place. There are way too many people around here with a personal axe to grind. You go and enjoy your holiday and let the fashion police go to Hell in a handcart.

Hope you have an absolutely wonderful time on my very favourite ship.

Jimmy

Hi all,

Sharon

Sharon, I haven't been on QV, but have been on QM2 and QE2 (generally considered more formal than the others), and Jimmy is spot on, but I'll add a little.

If you need more hangers, ask your steward. I do this on every cruise, and your steward will provide as many 'normal' hangers as you require. Best way of doing this is by leaving a note when you leave your cabin on the first evening; by the time you get back, they should be there.

Jeans are fine during the day, including in the restaurants. I've seen many worse sights:eek:. During the day, you will see everything from formal tea-dresses with hats and high heels (a tiny minority, who look utterly daft wobbling around wet decks) to ill-advised mini shorts...

Please don't panic, and enjoy your cruise. The fashion police are a tiny minority; most of your fellow passengers will be normal:D.

Ducking behind Jimmy,

Mary

Item 4)

Drinks card (or soda card) is just for drinks from the "fountain" behind the bar. ie no specific cans or bottles. They operate it all all bars including the Lido and Restaurants, my daughter saved quite a bit whilst we were on QV earlier this year.

Item 4)

Drinks card (or soda card) is just for drinks from the "fountain" behind the bar. ie no specific cans or bottles. They operate it all all bars including the Lido and Restaurants, my daughter saved quite a bit whilst we were on QV earlier this year.

thanks...i am sure that in the heat of some of the ports we are visiting, we will drink at least 3 a day, and get value for $$

cheers

sharon

Archived