Dolphins/Sea lions: Cabo vs. PV; Sealifepark vs. Dolphin adv. center

DEalfinder

This is a multi-question posting ;)

I've looked back at previous postings, but haven't quite got the answers I'm looking for...

1. If you've done the Dolphin programs in both Cabo and PV or compared notes with someone who did the one you didn't do, what differences were noted and for which program "titles"?
  2. In PV have you done both Sealifepark and Dolphin Adventure Center or compared notes with someone who did the one you didn't do, what differences were noted and for which program "titles"?
  3. Did you book your excursion on your own or through the cruiseline?

Here's what I've learned through looking through the lists that RCCL offers on our April Mariner cruise and through the Dolphin place websites (note, I'm looking for an interactive experience, there are other options offered that I am not listed):

Cabo - I could only find one location - the CaboDolphins that the cruise line excursion participates in.

• Dolphin Swim = $145 (cruise pricing - could not find pricing for book on own)

PV - Found 2 locations Sealifepark and Dolphin Adventure Center. Cruise line only offers DAC.

SealifePark

• Swim Adventure = $99 (belly ride) (45 min incl orientation)
  • Royal Swim = $149 (Toe push, fin ride) (45 min incl orientation)
  • Sea Lion Discovery = $49 (30 min incl orientation)*
  • Sealife park is offering a 30% discount or other promos (incl free admission to their water park) not reflected in the above pricing

Dolphin Adventure Center

• Dolphin Swim = $130 (30 min in water) [this may actually be $149 on DAC website]
  • Dolphin Signature Swim = $169 (40 Min in Lagoon) [i could not find this on the DAC website]
  • Sea Lion snorkel experience - $155 (30 min in water snorkeling with Sea lions) [152 adults/$120 kids on DAC website - also infers includes buffet and other extras]

Also note that one of the companies states min age of 8 the other allows younger. My daughter will be 7 1/2 - will we have a problem? She is a strong swimmer for her age, but she is on the shorter size.

Thanks in advance for input!

This is a multi-question posting ;)

I've looked back at previous postings, but haven't quite got the answers I'm looking for...

1. If you've done the Dolphin programs in both Cabo and PV or compared notes with someone who did the one you didn't do, what differences were noted and for which program "titles"?
  2. In PV have you done both Sealifepark and Dolphin Adventure Center or compared notes with someone who did the one you didn't do, what differences were noted and for which program "titles"?
  3. Did you book your excursion on your own or through the cruiseline?

Also note that one of the companies states min age of 8 the other allows younger. My daughter will be 7 1/2 - will we have a problem? She is a strong swimmer for her age, but she is on the shorter size.

Thanks in advance for input!

I'm interested in the same info you are searching for as I've booked the 5/24 Mariner sailing and will be with my 7 yr. old granddaughter. My adult daughter is already booked on the PV Signature Swim, but I am looking for something geared toward 6-8 yrs. of age. This is my first cruise and I'm also wondering should I stay with the RCCL excursions or should I book separately? Any replies would be appreciated!

Archived