Shore Excursions Sea of Cortez Ryndam

liketraveling

The first thing to know is that you will sit on the opposite side of the train returning from the side you sit on going. If you go as a couple that is fine. If you go as a single you get paired up with another single. Once on the train, you and your partner pick whichever pair of seats that are available. During the train ride staff moves through the train car and marks a card assigning your seat on the return trip. You and your partner's assigned seats are those on the other side of the car.

By the way, the seats swivel so even though the train cars are not turned around for the return trip, the seats are rotated so you sit facing forward. I think it is preferable to sit on the right side going although it is not a disaster if you are stuck on the left side for the foregoing reason and because as you get closer to the peak there is as much to see on the left as there is on the right.

We did Todos Santos, San Javier, and the deluxe whale watching. We loved San Javier. Our guide was Linda, who speaks perfect english. Her mom is American. The drive is wonderful and the stops are very beautiful. I loved the oasis with native palms. The pictographs were not much but I will look at petroglyphs and pictographs anywhere, anytime. The only problem is that you do not get to spend time in Loretto. We were there once before and loved the town.

We liked Todos Santos but is really just shopping. We went off on our own as soon as we stopped. I did love Hotel California. BTW, it is the only place I found hand processed sea salt for sale.

We were the last on board the boat for the whale watching and were on the back of the ship. I recommend this to being inside. We stood for most of it, going from side to side to see the whales and dolfins.

We did the Sierra Madre, Concordia & Copala tour when we were on Princess and liked it.

Do you remember if Linda's last name (or maiden name) was Ramirez ? If that is her, my first fishing trip to Loreto was with her father on a panga in the late 70's. We had some great times with him. After Alfredo passed away, Linda ran the fishing operation for a few years.

Her mother is an American, and it sounds like the same great girl.

I took several of the excursions you are looking at. In PV, the pirate tour was fun, but during the day geared more to kids. I had a enjoyable experience on Rythms of the Night. I highly recommend it. (I guess there can be diferent experiences on different nights.)

I also took the Highlights of La Paz tour. It was okay, typical highlights tour.

Archived