Past guest Party Questions???

C&THollings

I asked my PVP about the captain's cocktail reception (that's what the "past guest party" is called on Princess ships) and if we would be invited, we got past cruiser rate since we've cruised on Princess in the past - he said everyone is invited. Is there a captain's reception and a past guest party?

When we first cruised on Princess, my FIL was a past Princess cruiser - our cabins were "linked" and we received past guest amenities (invite to reception).

I asked my PVP about the captain's cocktail reception (that's what the "past guest party" is called on Princess ships) and if we would be invited, we got past cruiser rate since we've cruised on Princess in the past - he said everyone is invited. Is there a captain's reception and a past guest party?

I understand what you're asking. The only perk you can receive when booking a cruise on any line owned by Carnival Corp. IS a past guest rate (if one is offered on that particular cruise...not so on all.)

You will not receive an invitation to the Past Guest party. However, the Captain's Welcome party is open to ALL guests. It will be your second night on board, during the elegant night activities.:)

By the way, when I was on Princess, everyone was invited to the Captain's party. Of course I wasn't invited to the separate party, for past guests, understandably.

And, I'm sure, those attending a "Platinum members only" party would have MUCH loftier motives. ;)

It's funny how some people seem to really resent non-past guests attending these parties. How do they even know who the non-past guests are -- do they go around during the party quizzing people??

I agree...the resentfulness is just childish. Aren't we all there to just have a good time?

Thanks all for the information. I was only looking to take my husband with me. I would feel odd to leave him in the cabin. I can understand the flustration of someone bringing a whole cabin of first timer.

I took my daughter for a cruise for her senior trip and loved it. It took me 9 months of "bugging" to get him to agree to take this cruise with me.

I was just pushing for a 5 day cruise and he chose the 7 day.

I hope this is one of many to come.

Again, thanks all!:):)

I think Carnival said this because if one person is the first timer and you've got a spouse and a child then they don't want to exclude the children.

Archived