Romance Packages

Herbie 53

First Post!!

Anywho, I am keen to get the wife a romance package for us both on our first cruise with RCI on the Independence of the seas. Part of the package includes a breakfast in bed on one morning. I am confused as I thought you could get that any morning you want through room service. Does anyone know if this is different?

:)

The difference between room service and the breakfast in bed is that they offer foods that are not on the regular room service menu. I think you get specialty pastries and caviar.

In my honest opinion... the packages are not worth the money. Instead of ordering one of the packages, my DH put together a special package of his own for me on our first cruise. It was WONDERFUL and much cheaper and more special since he thought of it himself.

Here is what he did: It was a sea day

He ordered room service, and then after we ate (on the balcony), he had brought massage oil. He opened the balcony and gave me a wonderful massage while listening to the ocean. That evening he made reservations at one of the specialty restaurants, we had a nice bottle of champagne, which we were able to take back to the room. He had tipped the cabin attendant to have the cabin set up with champagne on ice and romantic music playing (we brought a small speaker for our iPod). He had purchased a beautiful necklace for me to wear, and it was draped over the towel animals necks. The cabin Attendant had made swans that night and their necks made a heart. It was so sweet and super romantic!

This was WAY cheaper than the $150 you pay for the romance package, and your sweetie will feel extra special for knowing you set up something yourself that was unique!

I know I will never forget that day!

In addition to an extended menu, the breakfast in bed includes your choice of Bloody Mary or Mimosa. While I'm not crazy over cavier (and which was included along with salmon and pates in the canapés plate), it went great with scrambled eggs.

In addition to the breakfast, you get a bottle of Veuve Clicquot yellow label brut champagne (very nice!) and chocolate covered strawberries to enjoy at sail-away, two RCCL robes which are yours to keep and which were great for cool evenings on the balcony, a lovely bouquet of flowers (pictured below, they looked just as fresh at the end of our 6-night cruise), canapés and dessert/pastry plates delivered on 2 formal evenings, and a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait (your choice of portrait).

attachment.php?attachmentid=102664&thumb=1&d=1232521805

We used our Visa Royal Points (15,000) for the Grand Romance package onboard the Independence in November but, even at the $200 gifts and gear price, we think it is a wonderful package and a fantastic bargain for all you receive.

Enjoy your cruise!

P.S. WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC!!!

In addition to an extended menu, the breakfast in bed includes your choice of Bloody Mary or Mimosa. While I'm not crazy over cavier (and which was included along with salmon and pates in the canapés plate), it went great with scrambled eggs.

In addition to the breakfast, you get a bottle of Veuve Clicquot yellow label brut champagne (very nice!) and chocolate covered strawberries to enjoy at sail-away, two RCCL robes which are yours to keep and which were great for cool evenings on the balcony, a lovely bouquet of flowers (pictured below, they looked just as fresh at the end of our 6-night cruise), canapés and dessert/pastry plates delivered on 2 formal evenings, and a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait (your choice of portrait).

attachment.php?attachmentid=102664&thumb=1&d=1232521805

We used our Visa Royal Points (15,000) for the Grand Romance package onboard the Independence in November but, even at the $200 gifts and gear price, we think it is a wonderful package and a fantastic bargain for all you receive.

Enjoy your cruise!

P.S. WELCOME TO CRUISE CRITIC!!!

Just a side note...this is the Grand Romance Package. There is a Deluxe Package which is only $100. You get Domaine Chandon, chocolate covered strawberries,canapes and petit fours on the 1st formal night, breakfast in bed, and credit towards a picture. We got in last year and loved it...thinking about getting it again for April.

We also ordered the Grand Romance package for our anniversary cruise on Jewel last October. We thought it was well worth the money (or points). While the canapes didn't really work out for us. We did MTD and the canapes etc... are scheduled to arrive in coordination with regular dining times. If you are going to do MTD you might want to mention to your cabin steward what time you would like to have them delivered.

We were disappointed when we first arrived and it wasn't all set up yet. But once we asked the cabin steward about it. Everything arrived promptly.

We probably wouldn't do it again, (how many RCCL robes do you really need) but it was very nice to be pampered in a special way just about everyday of our cruise.

Sandra

We did this package on our Jan sailing and it was a nice touch. The breakfast menu you get is not the same as room service, pretty much like the main dinning room breakfast menu. You can have it served to you any day except the last morning. You must turn the menu in to your head waiter the night before you wish to have breakfast in bed. Over all it was a good deal.

Archived