RELAX: Majesty 2/14/09 Live Thread

Seago2

Carla, I am glad you are having a great time on your cruise. I will be cruising on her in three weeks and can't wait. How has your weather been? Has it been warm enough to be in the pool or be in the ocean at GSC? I am waiting to book my excursions because I am not sure about the temp.

Thanks for your help,

Jill

Carla, I am glad you are having a great time on your cruise. I will be cruising on her in three weeks and can't wait. How has your weather been? Has it been warm enough to be in the pool or be in the ocean at GSC? I am waiting to book my excursions because I am not sure about the temp.

Thanks for your help,

Jill

The first day was cool and rainy, but since then we've had gorgeous weather. The pool seems a little cold but there are people in it. The water at GSC was cool, but once you get in: fine. There were plenty of people snorkeling, swimming, etc. The one thing I would NOT book is parasailing at GSC. You would absolutely freeze. Hope this helps!

Hi Carla,I've been enjoying your detailed info on the majesty "cant wait to hear more".so how is the lunches in the main dining rooms? I have only ate in them for breakfast and dinner ....I read radios menus but there only dinner not lunch.If you liked it let me know..I will be on the majesty in three weeks for the second time I cant wait.also what items of clothes do you recommend that maybe you didnt bring that you wish you had?? like a sweatshirt..hoodie etc. I was in grand cayman and mexico last year around this time .im sure this will be a little chilly from the way it sounds the bahamas are not gonna be as warm.I always bring a light jacket/cardigan for rooms inside ship but Ive never needed one in port... way to hot.enjoy every second of the rest of your cruise:cool:

Hi Carla,I've been enjoying your detailed info on the majesty "cant wait to hear more".so how is the lunches in the main dining rooms? I have only ate in them for breakfast and dinner ....I read radios menus but there only dinner not lunch.If you liked it let me know..I will be on the majesty in three weeks for the second time I cant wait.also what items of clothes do you recommend that maybe you didnt bring that you wish you had?? like a sweatshirt..hoodie etc. I was in grand cayman and mexico last year around this time .im sure this will be a little chilly from the way it sounds the bahamas are not gonna be as warm.I always bring a light jacket/cardigan for rooms inside ship but Ive never needed one in port... way to hot.enjoy every second of the rest of your cruise:cool:

I can't think of a single thing I wish I had... It has definitely been way too warm for a coverup in port. It's so 'seasonal' now that I would just check the weather reports right before you leave. No idea what is in the dining room for lunch! I'm from Buffalo- I'm just so thrilled to be outside that I've been buffet-ing it during the day. Today there was some kind of beef, lentil salad (quite good), rice... The usual huge salad selection... I had made to order stir fry and DH had pizza and salad. Righ now I'm relaxing in a lounge chair on Deck 8 aft (read the Secrets of the Majesty thread!!) But there appears to be a ping pong tournament starting so I'm outta here....

thanks for taking the time to do this. We will be leaving on the majesty this saturday. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Since this will be our first cruise they have been very informational. Glad you are having such a good time. Hope we luck out with good weather too.

ahhhh !!!Im getting so excited .Im so happy to hear the ports have been warm that is very reassuring.keep the details coming as u can.... love to read them and thank you for the quick reply;)

Hey raycruz3 are you going on the 3/14 sailing also?

Jill

Carla, thanks for the great info. I've read all your posts (twice) and soaked in all your tips and recommendations. Sailing out of Charleston on April 25th and can't wait. Debating rather or not to take my own laptop on board with me. I'm told you can buy blocks of internet time, is this the case? If so, how much? Thanks-Darren

Carla, thanks for the great info. I've read all your posts (twice) and soaked in all your tips and recommendations. Sailing out of Charleston on April 25th and can't wait. Debating rather or not to take my own laptop on board with me. I'm told you can buy blocks of internet time, is this the case? If so, how much? Thanks-Darren

yes, you can buy blocks of time- 100 minutes is one of the blocks I've seen. I usually get "pay as you go" for .75 a minute, which is about the stupidest thing I can do... right now I just bought 30 minutes for $12.00, but I think that might be a "last night special."

Archived