Help!!! Disembarking time in Cozumel

wolv4life

I am going to Cozumel on the Carnival Glory. We are supposed to arrive at the port at 8 am, and I am trying to determine if we can make a 9 am snorkeling excursion. I did NOT book this excursion through Carnival, so I am nervous about being late. How long will it take after the boat docks to get off the ship?

Also keep in mind the difference in Daylight Savings Time. The US changes to savings time on March 8, Cozumel doesn’t change until April 5, which would put them two hours back on Central Standard Time between those dates. Makes it all that much easier, right?

Once you determine the difference between ship's time and Cozumel time, I don't think you have anything to worry about. We were in Cozumel from 8-5 on the Holiday. We got off the ship about 8:25, took some pictures, found a cab and were at Nachi Cocom by 8:50. Since it isn't a tendered port, we found we just walked off the ship without any long lines to wait in at all.

I am going to Cozumel on the Carnival Glory. We are supposed to arrive at the port at 8 am, and I am trying to determine if we can make a 9 am snorkeling excursion. I did NOT book this excursion through Carnival, so I am nervous about being late. How long will it take after the boat docks to get off the ship?

Most tour operators know that the times you are arranging a tour are Ship Itinerary Time, and not local port time. They also factor in the time you will need time to disembark. Your best bet is to contact the operator and double check.

What date do you sail?

Until April 5, Cozumel is on CST (one hour behind EST). Assuming ship time isn't changed by the captain during the voyage, the time difference will remain -1 hour. You will be arriving at 7am local port time in this case.

If you sail after March 8, Cozumel will be -2 hours from EDT (Eastern *Daylight* time): You will get in at 6am Port Time

If you arrive in Cozumel on or after April 5, they will be back to -1 hour from EDT

Confused yet? Whatever you do- DON'T change your watch to local time! You could find yourself missing the boat...

Archived