Air boat excursion at Port Canaveral?

FJDK

:confused: My DH and I are booked on the 3/14/09 sailing of the Majesty and are trying to decide what excursions to take . We are interested in the airboat excursion at Port Canaveral. Has anyone taken this excursion before and if so did you enjoy it, would you recommend it, etc.?

Thanks for your help,

Jill

We (6) did this excurison last year Dec/07 on the Gem. The excurison was fun and we felt we got our monies worth. There is of course no guarantee that you will see alligators, though the tour guides/air boat operators are very good and try very hard. The day we went was cool and cloudy. We found out your best bet to see anything is on a sunny day. The warmer, the sunnier the more the alligator will climb out onto land and lie in the sun. But our guide was very persistent and thought the views were not spectacular they were ok and we at least saw the heads of many. Time spent in the boat was adaquet. The entire excurison was I believe about 3 hours, which includes traveling time, orientation etc. We had a early excurision which allowed us to be back on board for a late lunch and since the ship was in port for the entire day we got to enjoy a nice afternoon on board a very quiet ship. Should we have taken the later excurision in hopes that the day would warm and odds would improve to see more, you would think yes. But on this particular day that was not the case. Though at the pier the weather was nice and mostly sunny, inland the weather was cooler and we heard from people who had the afternoon excurision that it actually drizzled a liitle and I believe they saw even less. Hope this helps.

Archived