Melbourne

sej67

I really do not think you would have enough time on either day to do the GOR but if you decided to leave from the ship immediately you docked, you could be well on your way by 3pm in a hire car. You would reach Lorne around 4.30-5pm to spend the night and that would give you time to have a look around that lovely town - visiting Teddy's Lookout for a great view, drive up to Erskine Falls etc.

Next morning it will only take less than an hour to Apollo Bay and another hour and a half at the most to reach the Twelve Apostles near Port Campbell. So if you leave early, say around 8am you will be at your destination at 10.30am at the latest.

You will need to leave around 11am for the drive back along the Princes Highway which will take 2 and a half hours. You should be back in the city by 2pm ready to board the ship for the 3pm departure.

Unfortunately, you will have to give up on seeing our lovely city. Melbourne has a lot to offer visitors. We have wonderful arcades, little lanes, good shopping, great Victorian buildings with lots of history, wide tree lined streets, huge number of parks, a great Zoo, lovely Botanical Gardens, etc. You would be doing a disservice to yourself not to spend time in our city.

If it were me, I would choose to spend the first day seeing the city and the second day I would elect to visit our Yarra Valley or our Mornington Peninsula as you do need time to take in the GOR without the hassle of looking at your watch every second to make sure you get back to the ship in time.

Jennie

Archived