Frame for on-board photos?

eastoftheboston

I bought two photos on my recent cruise, both 6X9 (or is it 6x8) photos, and bought one of the frames the sales person was trying to upsell me on. Of course, now that I'm back home, I haven't been able to find a 6x9 frame anywhere for the second one! I could always just do a custom mat in a bigger frame, but I'd love to be able to just find a frame to fit it without the mat. I've looked in Michaels crafts, haven't looked in AC Moore yet, we don't have Hobby Lobby in our corner of the country.... anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Try the website for Hobby Lobby and see if they have anything that you could use. If they do, they do ship. My husband bought a helicopter from them and the shipping charges weren't too bad. He had to buy it online because they didn't carry it in the store. I don't know if Michael's ships or not. You might also try E-Bay, I have bought a lot of things from them in the last several years. Good luck!!

I've never been able to find this size frame off the ship. I usually wind up cutting the picture to fit a 5x7 frame. I asked once on the ship why do they sell a picture that you can't buy a frame for except on board which then had Carnival & fish all over it (now they do have a nicer bamboo looking one but still says Carnival on it). I would be more inclinded to buy 5x7s since not all pictures can be cut & still look good. The photo employee replied, "Oh some places do sell that size frame....South Africa it is common." He was not joking when he said this but I burst out laughing & said, "That's great but we're on a ship from Florida going to the Caribbean!"

I've never been able to find this size frame off the ship. I usually wind up cutting the picture to fit a 5x7 frame. I asked once on the ship why do they sell a picture that you can't buy a frame for except on board which then had Carnival & fish all over it (now they do have a nicer bamboo looking one but still says Carnival on it). I would be more inclinded to buy 5x7s since not all pictures can be cut & still look good. The photo employee replied, "Oh some places do sell that size frame....South Africa it is common." He was not joking when he said this but I burst out laughing & said, "That's great but we're on a ship from Florida going to the Caribbean!"

This is what we do too.......cut them down and they fit perfectly in a 5x7.

It is just a gimmick to sell their frames.

I bought two photos on my recent cruise, both 6X9 (or is it 6x8) photos, and bought one of the frames the sales person was trying to upsell me on. Of course, now that I'm back home, I haven't been able to find a 6x9 frame anywhere for the second one! I could always just do a custom mat in a bigger frame, but I'd love to be able to just find a frame to fit it without the mat. I've looked in Michaels crafts, haven't looked in AC Moore yet, we don't have Hobby Lobby in our corner of the country.... anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

They sell them on Carnival's website (Carnival.com). Go to the Carnival Fun Shop area and click on fun memerioes. You will find them there.

Thanks, I'll check out their web site!

I would normally cut it down to 5x7, but this photo is the welcome aboard one, with writing very close to the edges on both top and bottom. I also thought about just re-sizing it in photoshop but worried about the image getting distored.

Again, thanks!

Next time I am in south africa, I'll be sure to pick up some extra! LOL

And the one I did end up buying is the one with the fish all over it....

They sell them on Carnival's website (Carnival.com). Go to the Carnival Fun Shop area and click on fun memerioes. You will find them there.

Had a little trouble at first finding that Fun Shop (listed near bottom of a page where lots of links are - I kept looking at the top drop down tabs). They do have 2 6x9 frames but again they are either the "coral reef" one that has the laminate coating printed with fish & Carnival (already own that one & it really isn't my favorite frame) or "maritime" which is basically the same but with a more subdued print that has sailing related images. At least that's all I saw. I even have that little flexible Fun Ship Freddy frame, never put a small picture in it, but just can't seem to find the right place to put him...wonder why - lol.

I'd like a nice silver frame or wood frame, etc.

Just bought a frame on the carnival site.... the maritime themed one which I didn't see available when I purchased the photo on board (maybe they were sold out? I bought them on the second-to-last day)....

Anyway, only 5.95 for the frame, but 9.00 for shipping!!!!!

At this point, I'm just so happy to have a frame that fits it, I'm not even that upset that a frame I could have purchased for 2 bucks on board is now costing me 15 dollars at home.....

Archived