NCL Pearl Jan.11th to Jan.18th.

okbowler1

I know I'm late with this but wanted to make a few comments about our first cruise on NCL since the middle 80's. We are both in our mid 70's so factor that in when reading my comments. Embarkation was a little slower than some of the other cruises we have been on, but no big difference. However ,one of the ladies who gave you your seapass card was screaming at people to stay behind the line, really screaming, not a good first impression. She was the only NCL employee that we did not fall in love with, all the others treated us as honored guests and we responded in kind. We ate all of our meals either in the buffet or the regular dining rooms, never had to wait. Did not think that the menu in the dining room had as many choices as others we had been on , but certainly enough different items so that anyone should be satisfied. Food prep was upper end of average. Buffet food other than the carving stations, was the same every day, but enough varaity so that could and did eat different each day. We did not eat in any of the pay for resturants. The Blue Lagoon is great. Read before we left that the omelet stations were slow, did not find this to be so, three stations, one using one skillet, the other two were two skillet guys. Our stewards were a delight as were the serving help every place we went. The Capt. was informative and friendly.The ship was the largest we have been on and we will probably try to find smaller ones in the future as our age showed when we had to walk from one end to the other. Disembarkation was a breeze. We enjoyed our cruise and would go again on NCL. but were more comfortable on HAL and X. If anyone has a question I will try to answer to the best of my ability. We stayed another three weeks in Florida partly because our van blew an engine that had to be replaced. Bill

Archived