3 1/2 hours enough time to rent a car & see the island?

davela2

Our ship gets into the port at 1PM, and it looks like the Avis desk closes at 5:30PM. I would assume that by the time I actually start driving, it would be closer to 2PM (plus, it looks like they are closed for lunch from noon-2?) Is that really enough time to drive around the island? We are really just sightseeing, not looking to play a round of golf or anything. Has anyone rented from Avis and dropped off their car later than 5:30PM?

Thanks!

Our ship gets into the port at 1PM, and it looks like the Avis desk closes at 5:30PM. I would assume that by the time I actually start driving, it would be closer to 2PM (plus, it looks like they are closed for lunch from noon-2?) Is that really enough time to drive around the island? We are really just sightseeing, not looking to play a round of golf or anything. Has anyone rented from Avis and dropped off their car later than 5:30PM?

Thanks!

We rented from Avis last month for the day. They told us to be back by 5 PM which was fine for us since the ship left at 6.

Avis is a one person operation that does the contract and goes to the car with you. It was not very efficient and took about 20 minutes to go through the contarct and get the car even though we had reservations made on-line.

We went to a beach for the day and got lost once getting there. The drive was not really picturesque but the beaches are.

We went to a beach for the day and got lost once getting there.

I found a way to download a map of Curacao to my Garmin, so thankfully getting lost won't be an issue, as ling as the car has a DC outlet to power the unit

Archived