This is almost as good as winning the lottery...

glanders

Earlier in the week, we saw the price of our two cabins on 4/5 Solstice had gone down $180 each. We called and got a charge back with no problem. Now we see that one of the cabins qualifies for an additional senior rate discount of $400 on the cabin. We called this morning and got the additional discount in less than 20 seconds on the phone. So, in one week, we've saved $760 on two cabins. I know it won't always be like this, but I'll take it while it is!

Earlier in the week, we saw the price of our two cabins on 4/5 Solstice had gone down $180 each. We called and got a charge back with no problem. Now we see that one of the cabins qualifies for an additional senior rate discount of $400 on the cabin. We called this morning and got the additional discount in less than 20 seconds on the phone. So, in one week, we've saved $760 on two cabins. I know it won't always be like this, but I'll take it while it is!

Hi Glanders !

Good for you ! Your post is the perfect example of why it pays to keep checking your Cruise pricing, AND **immediately** get in touch with Celebrity (Or your Travel Agent if you booked with a TA), as the price can go right back up ! I'm happy to hear you saved a nice amount of money.

BTW.... while you did hit the jackpot so to speak.... I'd still rather win the lottery :)

Enjoy your Cruise !

I just called myself...and I just saved $780 by switching to GEICO:D...seriously though...I called and did save almost $800 on 2 cabins...see you on the cruise on 4/5 too.

WOW that is wonderful!!! Good for you!!!

Enjoy those savings!!!

Laura

I just checked with my credit card company, and I also got charged almost $900 less than I thought it would be a week ago! With a few other lowered prices since I booked, we've saved a ton of money!!

Kudos to my travel agent! We did nothing...she just kept on calling Celebrity to catch the price changes...She was great!

I am starting to really get excited about this cruise in May!

Robin

I am sailing on Solstice on 3/29, and I noticed there was a HUGE drop in the price of the cabins we had booked... I had two inside cabins. When I called to ask about a refund, the lady asked if I would rather upgrade, and I said... how much?

Turns out, I went from a inside room to a veranda room (yes, obstructed, but I wasn't even expecting a window!) and I saved $320 per room.

I was SO EXCITED.

With the senior's sale last week (for my DH not me :) )we were offered to change our CC to a regular balcony to save about $1000 or upgrade to a Sky Suite for only $10!! more. I of course chose the upgrade which in the end was great as when the TA went to see the regular balcony sale it was sold out. I figured how many changes at a sky suite would we get. I am excited!

Archived