London and baggage

Giantfan13

WE are looking to do a one day stopover in London after our cruise. We should be back in London around noon from Dover, but from what I see, you can't check into most hotels till about 3:00PM. Do most of the hotels (either big or small) allow you to leave your luggage there until you are able to check in, and if so, is there a charge for it. Same can be said for the following day. Our plane doesn't depart until 6:15PM, so we really don't have to be at the airport till about 4:00PM. Since we must check out of the hotel by 10/11:00, will they allow you to leave your luggage there for a few extra hours, and again, do they charge for this???

What does one do with luggage in situations like these????

WE are looking to do a one day stopover in London after our cruise. We should be back in London around noon from Dover, but from what I see, you can't check into most hotels till about 3:00PM. Do most of the hotels (either big or small) allow you to leave your luggage there until you are able to check in, and if so, is there a charge for it. Same can be said for the following day. Our plane doesn't depart until 6:15PM, so we really don't have to be at the airport till about 4:00PM. Since we must check out of the hotel by 10/11:00, will they allow you to leave your luggage there for a few extra hours, and again, do they charge for this???

What does one do with luggage in situations like these????

Read the hotel site info carefully, and/or email the hotel and ask. That's what I did, same problem. Some hotel sites would mention holding luggage, some would mention a charge for holding luggage. I emailed my choices and asked the question. Both would allow pre and/or post luggage. I think smaller hotels may have more of a problem with this.

Pretty much all decent hotels will do this for you, usually at no extra charge. The only hotels that have ever refused outright, in my experience, are run-by-the-book costs-pared-to-the-bone budget chains.

I agree, never had a problem even at a really bad hotel in London. They kept my bags in the hall by the office, not exactly secure, but fortunately nobody took anything. That is one reason my wife won't let me book really cheap London hotels anymore. I have to save my Marriott miles for about 2 years to make sure I have enough points for a couple of nights in London. :D So, any recognizeable hotel at a reasonable standard is going to take care of your luggage with no problem.

jc

Archived