Luggage allowed on board

Louise45

I just received a book for NCL today. Included in the information was about luggage, it says only 2 pieces are allowed each! Of course I called them because we are going to be in Hawaii all total for 2 weeks and I wanted to bring home sovernirs. The NCL representative said we could bring 4 each. I read her what the book said and she assured me we could have 4. Has anyone else seen this or have been told anything different?

I understood that you are allowed 200lbs per person

this is directly from NCL'S WEB SITE How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to 200 pounds of personal luggage on board. However, if you are traveling by air, ask the airline if it has different restrictions. Airlines and NCL have limited liability for loss, so be sure all baggage and personal belongings are properly insured. Suitcases should be securely locked and tagged. You should hand-carry medication, jewelry or other valuables and important documents.

When you say you received a book exactly what book are you referring too?

This is direct from the website and has always been their policy.

How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to 200 pounds of personal luggage on board. However, if you are traveling by air, ask the airline if it has different restrictions. Airlines and NCL have limited liability for loss, so be sure all baggage and personal belongings are properly insured. Suitcases should be securely locked and tagged. You should hand-carry medication, jewelry or other valuables and important documents.

It will be your airline not NCL that will be the problem with how much you can bring.

The book is called "Welcome Aboard" and has our names and the date of our cruise. It has the name of our ship and room# on the front also. Inside it even has sticky lugguge tags with our room# already printed on it. I didn't expect anything since I already got my edocs.

Thanks, I guess that's where she got 4 each (totals 200lbs). The books says up to 50 lbs each but says up to 2 bags. I knew that sounded crazy.

I don't know if they even ck out how much your luggage weighs as we usally have a couple bags at 60lbs or more and have never been stopped or questioned about it.

I think you can take as many bags as you can but you gotta think about the airlines!

Also it's best that you take a "set" of luggage that you can put the smaller ones inside the larger ones. And the whole set will be able to fit under the bed.

Duffel bags - the rolling kinds - are good.

Our last cruise was 14 days without self-service laundry so we brought 14+ days worth of undies and divided them into 2 (we're family of 3) carry-on cases that fit into the cubbyholes perfectly. All we did daily was to slide them out, open, pick out items, close, and slide them back in. Prevented from having loose little items all over the place.

We also put one large case under one bed for us to slide it out to put in dirty clothes daily. You can see we're pretty "ship-shape" - ha ha.

One more tip - when flying home with souvenirs, pack the heaviest items into the smaller bags!

Archived