QM2 Novemeber 11th Westbound crossing

CRUISEGUY1970

My Partner and I are booked on the QMII for Novemeber 11th. We are using it as a mode of transport for a Family Wedding. I just received my confirmation for Penthouse Suite (Q4). We are looking forward to the trip. This will be my 12th cruise and my Partners 2nd. Look forward to seeing you on board. Scott

This is our second and we love the sea time. The QMII is an awesome ship and the service is over the top. FYI no FoD meeting, so we will have to make a plan to meet up for a cocktail..

• 4 months later...

My partner and I will be aboard, as well, to celebrate my early retirement. :D We did a crossing last year in the Princess Grill and loved every minute of it. This time, it's Queens Grill. Lets get together for cocktails!

Hi Cruiseguy1970, TideGuy and Dwight7,

Greetings to all - I'm booked on the TA solo - looking forward to meeting everyone - can't wait! Hope more family sees this thread and responds... (they're out there on different threads...)

Best,

Crane

Any of you guys staying onboard for the Caribbean cruise on the 17th? I've recently come back from my first cruise, doing a westbound transatlantic, and had a fantastic time. So much so, a friend and I are joining the ship in Brooklyn on the 17th. Cruiseguy, if my crossing was anything to go by I'm sure you're going to have a great experience! :D

Tideguy, you should have a FoD in the Commodore Lounge each day at 4pm... they were certainly holding them at the end of May.

For those of you staying on for the caribbean, I look forward to meeting you onboard :)

This is our second and we love the sea time. The QMII is an awesome ship and the service is over the top. FYI no FoD meeting, so we will have to make a plan to meet up for a cocktail..

When I was on both QE2 and QM2 FOD meetings were scheduled. The first one on the QE2 final westbound was huge. Also QM2 schedules FOD's in the Commodore Lounge.

Any of you guys staying onboard for the Caribbean cruise on the 17th? I've recently come back from my first cruise, doing a westbound transatlantic, and had a fantastic time. So much so, a friend and I are joining the ship in Brooklyn on the 17th. Cruiseguy, if my crossing was anything to go by I'm sure you're going to have a great experience! :D

Tideguy, you should have a FoD in the Commodore Lounge each day at 4pm... they were certainly holding them at the end of May.

For those of you staying on for the caribbean, I look forward to meeting you onboard :)

MrAndy,

My partner will be joining me in NY for the caribbean trip - look forward to meeting you both on the carribean cruise

Best,

Crane

Like TideGuy, we adore the sea time during a crossing, and can't wait to rejoin the QM2 in November for a week of un-interrupted bliss from Southampton to NYC. Thinking of the Caribbean leg of that trip, we've done our share of cruises on the big ships with stops most every day in places that we've already visited. Sorry, that's not our cup of tea.

If you are interesting in seeing much more than the tourist spots in the Caribbean, we'd suggest you consider a crewed yacht charter. We've done several through Boat BVI (from Tortolla and from St. Thomas) and enjoyed each to the max. Depending on the yacht, the price can be a little steep, but in the end we have found these get-aways to be worth every penny. There's nothing much more romantic than a daily candlelight dinner for two on deck under the stars, or as privileged-feeling as climbing back aboard the yacht from a fantastic snorkel to be greeted by the captain offering you a heated towel while the first mate offers you a potent "Pain Killer" made with all of the freshest ingredients. If you want, you can take a few friends along to reduce the overall cost.

Like TideGuy, we adore the sea time during a crossing, and can't wait to rejoin the QM2 in November for a week of un-interrupted bliss from Southampton to NYC. Thinking of the Caribbean leg of that trip, we've done our share of cruises on the big ships with stops most every day in places that we've already visited. Sorry, that's not our cup of tea.

If you are interesting in seeing much more than the tourist spots in the Caribbean, we'd suggest you consider a crewed yacht charter. We've done several through Boat BVI (from Tortolla and from St. Thomas) and enjoyed each to the max. Depending on the yacht, the price can be a little steep, but in the end we have found these get-aways to be worth every penny. There's nothing much more romantic than a daily candlelight dinner for two on deck under the stars, or as privileged-feeling as climbing back aboard the yacht from a fantastic snorkel to be greeted by the captain offering you a heated towel while the first mate offers you a potent "Pain Killer" made with all of the freshest ingredients. If you want, you can take a few friends along to reduce the overall cost.

Not sure where you were snorkelling, but in my 30+years of chartering in the Caribbean, the last thing needed was a heated towel - did you have electric blankets in your cabin/stateroom?

No electric blankets, but we had a very cool and breezy week in February a few years back! We were not to be deterred from enjoying the water but when our teeth chattering was noticed, towels were pulled, warm from the dryer, as we exited the water from that point forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived