Business or 1st Class Airfares to B. A.

Paul123

Does anyone have any experience of the cheapest way to book NON-COACH seats from say Miami to Buenas Aires? Thinking of going on the Insignia next February departing B. A. My TA has offered me $1000 off cruise if i don't take up the 'free' air fare option.

Does anyone have any experience of the cheapest way to book NON-COACH seats from say Miami to Buenas Aires? Thinking of going on the Insignia next February departing B. A. My TA has offered me $1000 off cruise if i don't take up the 'free' air fare option.

Have you checked the Oceania site to see what their price is without air? Sounds like the TA is just passing along the savings that Oceania gives. Remember, the Oceania "free" air is not really free.

Does anyone have any experience of the cheapest way to book NON-COACH seats from say Miami to Buenas Aires?

I don't know if this is the best way but this is what we did ... We booked the flights we wanted in coach and then watched the price for Business/First seats. About 2 months before the flight, the Business price had dropped and was one I could live with. So I called the airline and asked for the price to upgrade. At first they didn't want to do this -- the person was actually rude and I didn't understand why. I had to speak with a supervisor. She said he thought I was trying to book a flight I could get a refund on. She ended up giving us an even better price for all the trouble I had in upgrading.

What! Can you move this to another TA that won't play games? Any TA should give you both the with air and without air total prices.

Excuse me??? No TA is playing games with me....on the contrary they suggested that the so called "free air" is not a particularly good deal necessarily. I think you didn't read my posting properly!!

As soon as the 330 day booking window kicks in, start watching www.kayak.com and www.itasoftware.com (just log-in as guest) for good premium category seats. Neither of these sites sell tix, they just search out the best fares and schedules for you.

Thank you Shanon. Yes am aware of kayak.com but not itasoftware.com which I will now enjoy investigating further. I recall that you are on one of the transatlantic cruises coming up but can't remember which one.

Thank you Shanon. Yes am aware of kayak.com but not itasoftware.com which I will now enjoy investigating further. I recall that you are on one of the transatlantic cruises coming up but can't remember which one.

Actually, 3 of them:

Jewel of the Seas - May, 2009

Equinox - November, 2009

Regatta - March, 2010

Guess we just enjoy all those sea days!

We did out own air to Santiago and back from BA. We bought economy tickets and used FF miles to upgrade in both directions on AA.

Digby....thank you for that.

Archived