Traditional Dining or Anytime Dining..Which one were we booked for?

cs4225

On our last cruise on the CB we booked with out TA our preference for Anytime dining which we did for several of the nights. I just happen to check on the Princess card which we took home as a souvenir and on the bottom of the card this is what is written.

Dining Room: Palm 09/28/08 to 10/05/08

Time: 5:45pm Table: 123

Were we actually booked for Traditional dining but never showed up?

On our last cruise on the CB we booked with out TA our preference for Anytime dining which we did for several of the nights. I just happen to check on the Princess card which we took home as a souvenir and on the bottom of the card this is what is written.

Dining Room: Palm 09/28/08 to 10/05/08

Time: 5:45pm Table: 123

Were we actually booked for Traditional dining but never showed up?

Interesting. When we have had a diningroom and a table number listed on our cruise card, we have had traditional dining. When our cruise card has 'anytime' printed on it, then we have not been assigned traditional dining.

I would guess you were assigned traditional, but didn't realize it.

It looks like you were assigned traditional; there was a table number assigned to you. When we sailed to Hawaii first seating was at 5:45. I'm surprised the maitre d' didn't notice it, and I hope no one was waitlisted for first seating and couldn't get it.

If we were assigned Traditional dining a mistake was made somewhere. We actually only ate in one of the Anytime dining room 2 out of the 7 nights. The Maitre'd didn't notice or didn't care. Does this mean that Traditional diners can go to the Anytime dining rooms without being questioned?

If we were assigned Traditional dining a mistake was made somewhere. We actually only ate in one of the Anytime dining room 2 out of the 7 nights. The Maitre'd didn't notice or didn't care. Does this mean that Traditional diners can go to the Anytime dining rooms without being questioned?

It has been reported here on the boards that yes, they are allowing assigned diners into the anytime diningrooms. At times this causes long lines and even longer waits for those that actually chose anytime dining. While leaving the assigned diningroom with lots of empty seats.

It's also been reported that some have been turned away from anytime diningrooms, if they have assigned dining. Some ships check the cruise cards, others don't.

So, until the cruise line enforces their own rules (like that is gonna happen anytime soon :rolleyes:) it will continue to be a problem for anytime diners and those that wanted assigned dining, but couldn't have it because it was already full.

Archived