Sapphire Princess or Zuiderdam to Alaska?

irvine

Hi everyone,

I am in a dilemma and hope I can get some opinions. I can't decide between the above 2 ships. I am ok with both itineraries. It just boils down to which ship I want to take. I was on Island Princess (2005) and Westerdam (2006) previously (also to Alaska). I loved the Westerdam, but didn't like the Island Princess much because of the food. The food was poorer quality than what I had in the Westderdam or even Carnvial. But I see in that Sapphire Princess has a higher rating in the reviews than Island Princess. So, I am torn between the 2 now.

I prefer more formal cruising with some Asian foods in the menu. I see that HAL has that, not sure if Princess has changed their menu since the last time I was on Island Princess in 2005. I would appreciate anybody with experience with those 2 ships that can offer some advice. I am currently booked on Sapphire for 5/16. Have to decide by 3/2 (final payment date). Zuiderdam would cost me $580 more for my family of 4. Thanks in adance!

Some help, but not much-- we are on the Coral in Alaska last August, and even though we loved our trip (the 7 day land tour all the way to the Arctic Ocean was the best part), we must say that the food on the Coral was, at best, just ok.

Archived