Kid's Program on the Legend

pamelanj

the age groups are 2-5 6-8 9-12
THe 9 year old can sign themselves out. The rest of the kids will need someone to sign them in and the same person signs them out. Camp is very strict with ages so the younger ones can not move up to be with older kids. But the older kids can move down in the age group-- example is the 9 year old can be with the 6-8 year olds. Age groups work according to the birthday on the day they sail/
Here is alink that could give you some idea on what happens at camp. They are not opened ALL day and charge after 10.
[url]http://www.webshots.com/search?query=carnival+camp+capers&tab=photos[/url]

If you prefer for the 9 year old not to check themselves out you can specify that also. We thought it was a little young - so we asked that he not be allowed and they made sure he didn't. Let's put it this way - if they (the kids) don't know they can check themselves out and you tell them they can't leave - you shouldn't have a problem.

I don't think my friend would want to have her 9 yr old sign herself out either. We are still trying to find the right date to go...in either June or October. I am sort of thinking October might be better as two of the girls going (mine is one) will be just days shy of 6 and I doubt a program that is good for a 2 yr old would be that great for them. I didn't realize that they'd be THAT strict on the ages being that it would be weeks for those two.

So, your experiences are that the kids have a lot of fun while in the camp?

My kids enjoy/enjoyed Camp. On our first cruise my now 17 year old was like 11. We were worried about him finding his way around - this was before we realized he could sign himself out. Anyhow - we drop him off at Camp and we start walking around to check out the ship and learn our way around. All of a sudden we see him and 4 or 5 others kids run by. He stops long enough to tell us he's on a savanger hunt. It turned out he know the ship better than us because they had to run all over the ship to collect their information (how many steps in the theatre, how many seats in the XXX lounge) - maybe they should have a hunt for us older folks :D . He had a blast and he was hooked. Both our sons LOVE to cruise and I think part of that is because of Camp. Now that the oldest is 17 he doesn't participate in the Camp stuff anymore (stopped about 15) but always enjoys his time meeting new friends.

Archived