Gym on the Noordam

Host Dan

I use the gym daily, and have a couple questions. Is there a mens changing room nearby with showers? If so, is there a separate steam / sauna area in the changing room?

Thanks!

Host Dan

Dan--

Yes, there is - and it's quite nice.

It's on the starboard side: It has a great floor-to-ceiling glass window overlooking the sea and a bench running the length of the window. On either end of the bench is an enclosed changing room (if you're feeling bashful)

There are 3 showers, a pair of sinks in the center and lots of lockers - but they're reserved for spa guests to change into bathrobes.

The steam/sauna is in the Thermal Suite, which is of course extra charge.

I think you'll enjoy Noordam - It's a lovely ship.

Dan--

Yes, there is - and it's quite nice.

It's on the starboard side: It has a great floor-to-ceiling glass window overlooking the sea and a bench running the length of the window. On either end of the bench is an enclosed changing room (if you're feeling bashful)

There are 3 showers, a pair of sinks in the center and lots of lockers - but they're reserved for spa guests to change into bathrobes.

The steam/sauna is in the Thermal Suite, which is of course extra charge.

I think you'll enjoy Noordam - It's a lovely ship.

Thank you! Are the Sauna and Steam in the Thermal suite co-ed?

Host Dan

We just did 20 days on the Noordam -- she is a very classy ship -- you will love her.

The gym opens at 6 AM. If you go that early, you need to be among the first as they put out only about 3 or 4 headsets for the treadmills.

6AM??? Not me! :D I generally work out in the afternoon when most are off the ship (if in port)...

Host Dan

6AM??? Not me! :D I generally work out in the afternoon when most are off the ship (if in port)...

Host Dan

DH always goes to the gym at 6 AM if we don't have a tour -- I use that time to read or write notes.

Then we have the rest of the day to do whatever we want together.

Thank you! Are the Sauna and Steam in the Thermal suite co-ed?

Host Dan

As Brian answered, yes, the steam is co-ed in the thermal suite. There are two free M/F saunas, however, but they are located some distance from the changing rooms. As you walk from the mid-ship, Lido pool area toward the spa, they are immediately on your left hand side. There is a small sauna, probably seating no more than 5 at a time, a shower and a cupboard with towels, towel & clothing hooks etc. but no washroom. It is very easy to get to from the Lido pool, hot tubs....and your Speedos wouldn't be necessary in the sauna;)

Archived