am I understand visiting Pearl Harbor correctly.

Excited to go crusing

• Administrators
Just go early!!! The earlier you go, the shorter the line will be. The previous poster waited for tickets and then waited for the tour. They open at (I think) 8:30.(Ask Dave Cole, he will know) We were there by 9ish and walked right up to get the tickets and our tour left a half hour after that. As I said, we were back at the ship by 11.

They begin handing out tickets at 7:30 AM, with the first tour at 7:45 AM. Do be aware there are restrictions on bags at the Arizona Memorial -- no bag capable of concealment is permitted, including camera cases and purses. There's a bag check ($3 per bag) for small bags, and large bags (suitcases) aren't accepted. http://www.nps.gov/usar/

We left the Golden as early as possible and walked to where the taxis were. Then we waited for another couple to walk up and asked them if they wanted to share a cab. We were at Pearl Harbor and back by about 11.

Later in the day I found out there were shuttles we had walked past that were about $5/person and that if we had walked to the Aloha Tower next door they would have directed us to a City bus which was $1.30/person.

The Bus as it is called goes everywhere in Honolulu! Ask at the Aloha Tower.

We are fans of The Bus for anywhere in the Honolulu-Waikiki area. It beats driving if you're going to stay just in the urban areas. (For island touring, a rental car is best.) However, it wouldn't be my first recommendation for getting to PH early or for spending as little time as possible on that particular activity. With the stops, it sometimes takes twice as long as just driving or taking a taxi/shuttle (as long as the shuttle is direct). We've done day trips flying from Maui to Oahu. What we do is taxi to PH (or wherever is our main priority, such as the Missouri). From there, we'll take the bus into Waikiki, when we're not so concerned about getting where we want to go ASAP. (Note: Try to make sure the bus you board is an express, not a local, because the locals can take what seems like forever. We once accidently took a local from PH to the HHV. It took almost 90 minutes and stopped at every other intersection.)

beachchick

Archived