Travelling solo

bellyrox

Hey all

I cruised on the Dawn on in February, and when I booked it last year with a friend we were hoping that we could get roomed with another pair, to make it cheaper. We were told by the travel agent that P&O dont organise that any more, which I can understand for their liability. We managed to find a third person to come, which made it a bit cheaper though.

However, after getting off my cruise, the two girls I went with had a good time but weren't too fussed on cruising again anytime soon. Me on the other hand, I've gotten the travel bug and cant wait to cruise again. I'd be happy to travel solo, as there are so many people on board to meet, but I couldnt afford to pay the extra. Does anyone have any advice on solo travellers pairing up with other peole? Are there anyone who would consider it at all?

I'd appreciate any info/feedback/ideas and all that! :D

There are a couple of on-line travel agents who match people up for cruising. Obviously they keep to same sex, and they keep to roughly the same age group. I suggest you check it out. :):) Sometimes people on this forum are looking for a cruising companion so that might work for you.

Evon.

I have a brother who would have liked to cruise this new year but he too was told they don't match up same sex people anymore.

Makes it very hard for the solo traveller. It costs a small fortune which is quite unfortunate!

Hey Ela 2 any hints as to the online ones?

Kerri

Thanks for the info. Ela, would you happen to know the names of one of the online travel agencies at all?

I've been looking through the brocures and I'd love to do one of the cruises in July on the Dawn, there's the Island Delights on the 2nd July or the Pacific Sensation on the 11th July, they both sound nice. So if anyone reads this and is interested, feel free to let me know. I just cant afford it myself unfortunately. In case you might not feel comfortable with going with a stranger, I'd be happy to meet up beforehand, have coffee or something :p

But also, if anyone has any other info about this I'd really appreciate it!

We can't put up names of travel agents or I'll be put in the 'naughty corner' for a while! I suggest you 'google' discount cruise travel agents (Australia) and you will get a few. I live in Brisbane. The local one is very good and very helpful.

If you haven't come across the specials before, you might be pleasantly surprised at what is available.:):)

Evon.

yes P&o dont do single bookings any more , but there are some t/a,s that do and there are some cruise groups around i dont know of any , but may be cruise critic may do some thing in the future

I have a brother who would have liked to cruise this new year but he too was told they don't match up same sex people anymore.

Kerri

Oh!! ... Does that mean they still match up different sex people? lol

Cheers,

Moira :)

A reminder. Room share solicitations are not permitted.

From our Guidelines:

Bascially, an ad is an ad. So, please no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts, tour shares (except in ROLL CALL threads), giveaways, ebay links, etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all

I cruised on the Dawn on in February, and when I booked it last year with a friend we were hoping that we could get roomed with another pair, to make it cheaper. We were told by the travel agent that P&O dont organise that any more, which I can understand for their liability. We managed to find a third person to come, which made it a bit cheaper though.

However, after getting off my cruise, the two girls I went with had a good time but weren't too fussed on cruising again anytime soon. Me on the other hand, I've gotten the travel bug and cant wait to cruise again. I'd be happy to travel solo, as there are so many people on board to meet, but I couldnt afford to pay the extra. Does anyone have any advice on solo travellers pairing up with other peole? Are there anyone who would consider it at all?

I'd appreciate any info/feedback/ideas and all that! :D

hi bellyrox, on the front page they have single cruises, have a browse there

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

rkmw

Archived