QV - Obstructed View Cabins (A6)?

Queenvee

Hi all!

Just booked the July 7th QV trip to Iceland and Norway. Cunard is running a double upgrade deal - pay for an Inside (D8) and get an Obstructed View (A6 or A7) for the same price. I normally get insides since I'm paying the single supplement and have to save money somewhere, but this was too good to pass up! I booked cabin # 5114 (deck 5, midships, port side) - does anyone happen to know how "obstructed" this will be? THe only other options were 5109, 5111 and 5113.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Looks like quite a good deal. Much better than the cabins on four deck immediately below you - they are totally obstructed by the lifeboats. 5.114 appears to have some gear from one of the tenders in front of the balcony. Other than that it seems to be only the view directly downwards that's obstructed. Here is a shot of QV in Oslo with 5.114 marked (sorry - I was working with a low-res image from my website so my balcony-counting may be a bit out but it won't be far off). You can see the tender immediately below the balcony.

J

011_QV.jpg

Hi There,

I am a little confused - thought all cabins on deck 5 were much lower down than this illustration & 'in hull' balconies or at least they were when we last crossed in July 2007?:confused:

edited because I am an idiot!

O Oh - silly me just realised you are enquiring about the QV & not the QM - I do apologise

Cruachan,

Thanks very much for the photo - that answered my question perfectly!! I have the deck plans but it's hard to judge the degree of obstruction from a flat plan, so the photo made it clear.

• 2 months later...
Hi all!

Just booked the July 7th QV trip to Iceland and Norway. Cunard is running a double upgrade deal - pay for an Inside (D8) and get an Obstructed View (A6 or A7) for the same price. I normally get insides since I'm paying the single supplement and have to save money somewhere, but this was too good to pass up! I booked cabin # 5114 (deck 5, midships, port side) - does anyone happen to know how "obstructed" this will be? THe only other options were 5109, 5111 and 5113.

Hi

On a different note, we booked this trip yesterday and would like to meet fellow travellers.

I imagine you have given some thought about planning to take any ship tours or do the sights on your own.

Would like to hear from you with any thoughts about the trip.

Lorraine:)

I'm a fellow traveller, I booked last year on the V910 (July 7th QV trip to Iceland and Norway) to go this year, I also had to pay the single supplement and got an inside cabin room 600x (back of ship), do you think they will offer me an upgrade cabin with it been my first Cruise ?

Not sure if I made the right decision booking a room at the rear of the ship, my friends rooms are at the front of the ship a deck below, is it a long way to walk ?

Just about to start looking at the Shore Excursions, not sure where to start...

I'm a bit of a newbie on here as it's my first post, can't wait to get on the ship. :)

Regards,

Chris.

I'm a fellow traveller, I booked last year on the V910 (July 7th QV trip to Iceland and Norway) to go this year, I also had to pay the single supplement and got an inside cabin room 600x (back of ship), do you think they will offer me an upgrade cabin with it been my first Cruise ?

Not sure if I made the right decision booking a room at the rear of the ship, my friends rooms are at the front of the ship a deck below, is it a long way to walk ?

Just about to start looking at the Shore Excursions, not sure where to start...

I'm a bit of a newbie on here as it's my first post, can't wait to get on the ship. :)

Regards,

Chris.

Firstly, welcome. I would join the rollcall thread and meet you fellow passengers. an upgrade is very unlikely. It is a long walk from aft to forward. Regarding Excursions, just read the booklet and if you fancy any, book them.

Thanks for your reply and the tip on joining the rollcall thread, I couldn't find a rollcall for the V910 (July 7th QV trip to Iceland and Norway), not sure which section this trip would be under. :o

Please could you post a link to the rollcall GEYSERS & GLACIERS thread ?

Regards,

Chris.

Thanks for your reply and the tip on joining the rollcall thread, I couldn't find a rollcall for the V910 (July 7th QV trip to Iceland and Norway), not sure which section this trip would be under. :o

Please could you post a link to the rollcall GEYSERS & GLACIERS thread ?

Regards,

Chris.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=902724

We have just booked this trip & I joined the roll call on friday, but no one has been on over the weekend. Just missed Lorraine (queen of the queen) when she put her first post up there.

Your posts so far have been helpful to understand where we may be.

Anyway we have booked a guarenteed cabin, so we don't know were we will be (we have never done this before, we always choose our cabin), hope it turns out ok. From the conversation I had with my travel agent we have an

A6 Guarenteed, but could get upgraded to an A7 with and obstruction, just hoping we don't get too big an obstruction.....

We looked at this cruise a few months ago, and the price on a flyer our travel agent sent on friday was over £1,2000 cheaper, even if we have a lifeboat infront of us, the saving is huge.

Has anyone ever had an obstructed cabin before.

Chez

:-)

Archived