Camp Carnival Q.

We're traveling with our 3 & 5 year old at the end of May on the Carnival Pride. Since our public schools are in until mid June, I suspect there will be fewer kids than peak times. I also suspect that parents are less likely to pull kids out of school when it's within a couple weeks to the end of the schoolyear. The capers and details here have been a great resource. Wondering if I should expect any big differences in activites on a week like this? I want my kids to have friends to play with in Camp! :D Also, do they ever combine age groups?

It's not going to have as many kids...but it will have enough. All Carnival ships do. Especially in that age group. People are more likely to take a child in the 2-5 year old group during that week.

We have sailed during all kinds of times. Only once during the Summer. And never during a true holiday. And my kids have never been alone in Camp. :)

Our last cruise was Feb 1. No reason for kids to be onboard. There were still 250 kids onboard. More than enough for my kids to find friends to play with. :D

I always cruise during the California school year - including once on the Pride. As Michelle said, there are always tons of kids. So many parents have kids in year-round schools, homeschooling, or would rather cruise when prices are low, so there are always plenty of playmates for my girls.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Archived