Freedom 6368 mini bar/fridge

300EXPRESS

Hi. Just wondering, if anyone can tell me about the mini bar in our room 6368. I understand there is no refrigerator but there is a mini bar. My understanding is that the mini bar has items for you to purchase. What I am wondering is can I take the stuff out of there and use it as a fridge to keep my own soda etc.. cold?? It would sure beat bringing my own cooler to fill with ice.

Thanks!

My first cruise on the Valor, we had the cooler mini bar stocked and asked the room steward if he could empty it for us and leave it unlocked so that we could use it for our own drinks...he said no, it had to be either locked or unlocked but the contents must stay in the fridge if we did not want to pay for them. So we had him unlock it and just moved all of the stuff to one shelf and still had plenty of room for our own drinks.

On my last cruise on the Legend, our room steward just said to empty the cooler out and put the contents in the cabinet next to the fridge and just put it all back at the end. Which we did. So we had full use of the cooler.

So I think it may just be up to your room steward and how much of a stickler they want to be.

Even if you have to leave the items in the fridge, you still have room to rearrange and put in a couple drinks of your own.

We were just on the Freedom last week, room 6320. Our steward brought ice every night, don't recall seeing an actual ice machine. We squeezed in water and pop, we thought it was a good drinking temp. Couldn't put many in at a time, but it wasn't a problem. We had our steward unlock it on the first day.

FYI--not sure if you're interested in drinking wine. We brought our one bottle per adult when we boarded and also brought it back from the ports with no problem. They scanned it and asked about it, but we told them it was wine and they never looked in the bag!:)

My comment would be the same as another poster...its a "Minibar"...and really NOT much of a fridge. I for one...actually do USE the Minibar...I get beers and soda and wine etc. out of the thing...and drink them. We also use whatever extra room (not much)...that we can wedge in there...to add some Gatorade or something of our own...but regardless...of whether I'm drinking a water or a beer from the Minibar...I am NEVER impressed with how cold it is. Just slightly colder than room temperature...is a good description!

Archived