Question about booking a gty room

NHLady

On my last Carnival cruise, I booked a gty and was very happy. I know it doesn't happen very often but I booked a 6B on the Facination and we ended up in a cat 12! Next May I'm taking my best friend on the Fantasy to celebrate our 40th birthdays and am again thinking of booking a gty. Here's my question. I noticed on the Carnival site that you can book an OV gty. it states that you will be assigned an OV room, anywhere on the ship. It also states that OV rooms include 5A, 6A, 6B, 6C & 6D, yet if you actually book a 5A room on their site, they are listed in the interior cabin section. The price difference is significant from an OV GTY to a 6A GTY at $60.00 and to a 6C (which I would usually book) is $140.00. If I book a OV gty, is it possible that we end up in a 5A?? It's very confusing.

Thanks for your opinions.

Karen

Karen, even though the 5A does get listed as inside when you try to book, it's really an outside with a porthole. You may wind up with a 5A booking an OV, but then again, you might not!

Rich

Carefree Vacations

Archived