Looking for night tour in rome

Looking to tour rome at night has anyone done this? Who did you use.Dont want to just drive by.I want to get out take pictures. With just the 4 of us. Thank you for any help ...Linda

We did it a few years ago with Stefano's company from Rome Cabs.I am sure you have seen his name here.He actually provided a service to us for a night tour and his driver was crazy fun. Drove as close as you get get to the Trevi Fountain without going into it!

Waited for us while we had dinner somewhere.Unfortunalty,lights are not always on in Rome, for instance the Colliseum was not lit up for the night.It appears to be quite common, a way of saving energy i guess.

Rick Steves' Rome book has an excellent evening walking tour across Rome that you can do on your own. It takes you from Campo de' Fiori to the Spanish Steps and includes Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Piazza Colonna, and Trevi Fountain in a 2- to 3-hour walk (depending on how often you stop along the way).

Context Rome also offers a 2-hour "Evening Passegiata" that covers some of the same ground, but not Trevi or the Spanish Steps:

http://www.contexttravel.com/rome/tours/evening-passeggiata/PTR4278/?linked-tours=yes

Thank for your replys. After walking all day I didnt think I would want to walk at night. I thought a bus would work but some in group saying it might not be safe,as we will not know the areas. I thougt it would be alot of fun.But have to think of the others too.Just received quote form rome in limo that looks ok.

After a relaxing dinner and a visit to Trevi Fountain, two of us found an English speaking cab driver who drove us around to to the buildings. It was after 10 pm and the traffic wasn't as bad and he let us out for photos. He was able to answer all our questions, and told wonderful stories. This turned out to be much more relaxing and cheaper than a bus tour, or even Roma cab. If the fist cab driver doesn't seem to fit the bill, just tell them you changed your mind and look for another one. Seeing Rome at night is wonderful

Archived