Carrie B.'s Harbor Tour-Ft Lauderdale

AJeray4TN

My girlfriend and I are thinking about taking this tour in May. Has anyone else? I have read good reviews for it on other websites, but couldn't find anyone talking about it here. Any info you could share would be fantastic, but mainly, for a couple that's only in town for one night... is it worth the 2 hours and $20?

Thanks!

We took the Carrie B post cruise this past February. We found it to be very enjoyable. I at first thought I might be bored with it but it was quite entertaining. The homes are just fabulous and getting closed to some of the big ships was great. There are snacks & drinks on board we enjoyed sitting up top under the canopy.

We did the Carrie B a couple years ago and really liked it. If you want to see the same stuff for cheaper you can do the Water taxi. You pay $13 a day and can get off and on all you want. We have been doing that the last couple years. You see a lot of the same stuff. There are not drinks or food, but there are a lot of restaurants and bars along the way that you can stop at. We stopped at Shooter and had a couple drinks and lunch and then got back on. Depends on where you are staying. One of the stops might be close by. I have a link to a water taxi map if you are interested.

claudia

We did this too- though in January. Everyone had a great time- awesome sights, beautiful houses and our captain took us pretty close to a cruise ship- I think it was Navigator of the Seas. In addition to the drinks already mentioned, I'm 99% certain they had either a pina colada or daiquiri slushie for sale.

I'd highly recommend this to anyone.

We did this on January 2 and it was a very nice tour--at the time there were 8 or 9 cruise ships in port and we were able to get close to most of them. They do an excellent narration. If you go to their website they had a discount coupon that you could print out--just checked and they are still there. carriebcruises dot com We used them with no problems.

Loved the Carrie B Tour but another poster me3ntioned the water taxi which was also good. The Carrie B was more comfortable and roomier while the time we took the water taxi it was pretty crowded. We had used an Entertainment Book coupon for the Carrie B but I looked and its not in there this yr. I did see a las Olas gondola tour though but don't know anything about it. If you're staying more than a few days we have found the Entertainment Book to save as quite a bit on restaurants and tours. The Ent book is now 50% off at their site an=d you can view whats in them. Enjoy!!

Sailed in December 08. Good time, excellent narration. Go on a weekend if you want to see more cruise ships in port. The Ft. Lauderdale paper -Sun Sentinal had a 2 for 1 coupon in there Fri. weekend section. Tourist guide they give out at FLL hotels had the 2.00 off coupon. Yes I'm jewish. Also bring quarters for the parking meters on the street the boat docks on or park in a garage on Las Olas by the Cheescake Factory. Hope that helps.

For my money, the Carrie B is the best deal around! It's cool to see all the high dollar homes and the trip around Port Everglades gives a whole different perspective of the port. Captain Seaton is the most knowledgeable guy you could ever hope to meet and will keep you well entertained and informed for the entire cruise. They do indeed have strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas on board as well as other drinks and snacks.

Our cruise on the Carrie B was definitely the highlight of our visit to Ft. Lauderdale!

Archived