Millennium - Misty Fjords cruise on our own - question please

nativetexan

We are considering booking the Misty Fjords roundtrip cruise on our own. Goldbelt has a spring special so it's $99pp. It's $174 through the cruise line. The departure time is 7:30am returning at 1pm. The Millenium is scheduled to arrive in port at 7am. Anyone out there know how often the Millennium is late into Ketchikan?

I always appreciate the help from the boards! Thanks in advance!!

We are considering booking the Misty Fjords roundtrip cruise on our own. Goldbelt has a spring special so it's $99pp. It's $174 through the cruise line. The departure time is 7:30am returning at 1pm. The Millenium is scheduled to arrive in port at 7am. Anyone out there know how often the Millennium is late into Ketchikan?

I always appreciate the help from the boards! Thanks in advance!!

I suggest you contact the vendor and inquire IF this is an acceptable timeframe for scheduling this tour??? They certainly will know ship schedules and what works and what doesn't.

Thanks Budget Queen. I asked the tour operator when I booked it. She made the comment that "they're generally on time" but if they're late and we miss it we're out the $$. She said that's why people go through the cruise ship - for a family of 4 - it's about double to go through the cruise line. I suppose it's a crap shoot! Just wondering if anybody had any experience with Ketchikan arrival times.

I'll troll the boards in May and early June to see if the ship is generally "on time". Thanks again for your help and interest!!

I also wanted to book the same trip and asked the same questions since my ship the Rhyndam will also be docking at 7:00 am. I received the same answer ---- book through the cruise ship. What a great deal that was $99 instead of $175. I read that some of these companies don't want to infringe on the cruise ships. Does anyone want to elaborate?

P.S. I just ordered the Toursaver 2 for 1 book. Hope we get good use out of it since it cost $99.95 plus postage.

Fl Star

Archived