Parking at Port in Tampa

Babs1121

Does anyone have any information on parking at the port in Tampa. Just wondering how security is and how much it costs to park there. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

There is a long term multi-story car park across the road from the cruise terminals. I used it earlier this year when we went on an 11 night cruise on Celebrity Horizon. It seems secure enough and as a local (only 33 miles away) I have never heard any adverse stories in the paper or on TV about it.

From memory it was $10 a night.

The parking at terminal #6 where the Veendam docks is a fenced outdoor lot directly adjacent to terminal #6 directly behind the port authority building. Charge is $10 per day at time of entry. The previous problems at the port took place inside the garage which is pretty far from terminal #6 and is meant to serve the other terminals near the aquarium where Carnival docks. You would not want to park in the garage and walk to terminal #6.

We have parked there twice without incident. I think it is probably more secure since the outdoor lot is only used for the cruise terminal and probably stays locked all week. The garage is used daily for other attractions nearby, so there is constant coming and going and much easier to conceal wrongdoing in the garage.

I recall that one week during the past year, several vehicles were broken into in the garage. The port authority took it upon themselves to repair all the broken windows before the cruise got back.

The parking at terminal #6 where the Veendam docks is a fenced outdoor lot directly adjacent to terminal #6 directly behind the port authority building. Charge is $10 per day at time of entry. The previous problems at the port took place inside the garage which is pretty far from terminal #6 and is meant to serve the other terminals near the aquarium where Carnival docks. You would not want to park in the garage and walk to terminal #6.

We have parked there twice without incident. I think it is probably more secure since the outdoor lot is only used for the cruise terminal and probably stays locked all week. The garage is used daily for other attractions nearby, so there is constant coming and going and much easier to conceal wrongdoing in the garage.

I recall that one week during the past year, several vehicles were broken into in the garage. The port authority took it upon themselves to repair all the broken windows before the cruise got back.

Babs sorry if I gave you inaccurate information. I have yet to cruise on HAL from Tampa (but will be doing so in January) so I didn't realize that HAL's terminal had its own car park and didn't need to use the multi storey that serves the other cruise terminals. Now I know as well!

Archived