Grand cayman rain

300EXPRESS

Not sure what is typical for this time of year, I have been there in May and October and both times it rained for a whole of 10 minutes maybe. Both times a small shower came up as we were leaving Stingray City mid-afternoon. It is probably pretty common for there to ALWAYS have a chance of rain. It is the tropics! ;)

February and March are the driest months of the year in Grand Cayman. We have had some rain on several days lately, but alas not enough to wash the salt and grime of my truck.

From April to about October is our rainier season. In those months it is possible to have a rainshower (quite possibly a torrential tropical rainshower!) almost any afternoon. With such showers, it is usually done raining in about 10 minutes.

I wouldn't worry about rain, I'd worry about wind. It's been windy down there this winter and the port has been closed off and on recently. We got turned away last week because of high winds/waves. I would have taken a rainy day on GC over no day at all.

• 7 months later...

I've been checking the webcams on Grand Cayman and it looks like it's raining all day today (and probably yesterday). The Enchantment was supposed to be there yesterday but didn't seem to be; there are two ships today but the port seems deserted (spooky).

http://www.caymanport.com/webcams.php

http://www.reefgrill.net/netcam/index.html

So - just to have some alternative plans - suppose it does rain all day and they let you come ashore - anything to do besides shopping?

It's raining there again today...not a soul in sight at the reef grill.

We'll be there next Tuesday and the forecast is calling for rain then also. I am hesitant to book the stingray tour we had planned in advance because the kids would be miserable out in the rain all morning.

Any idea what there is to do in GC in the rain?

Archived