Is it true that when flying back from Barbados they do not weigh your luggage ?

bellaj

Hi All - on the TA over to Barbados on the Ventura in Oct - I have seen a few comments on CC that luggage is not weighed for the return flight back - is that true ?

Obviously we would not start packing huge trunks, but it would be handy to know if this was the case.

Thanks as always for any response -Andy

Hi All - on the TA over to Barbados on the Ventura in Oct - I have seen a few comments on CC that luggage is not weighed for the return flight back - is that true ?

Obviously we would not start packing huge trunks, but it would be handy to know if this was the case.

Thanks as always for any response -Andy

We were on this cruise and no they didn't weigh the bags. Everyone on our roll call was worried about baggage as ours was the first transatlantic with a reduced 23kg baggage allowance. But it worked out really well. We just left them outside our cabin before going to bed and they came off the carosel at the airport in the UK. Paperwork for the flight home was delivered to the cabin a few days before the end of the cruise and we had to state how many bags we wanted to put in the hold. The boarding cards and luggage labels were then delivered to the cabin. Very well organised and smooth process.

I will, I have been writing it for a while now, its going to be long as I don't want to miss anything out and want to be as balanced as possible. In short we did have a great time. Ventura is not perfect by any means but it is a fantastic ship.

The whole organistaion of the luggage is one of the positives.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I am aware, they do not weigh individual luggage.

They weigh the pods that are loaded into the plane, containing a number of bags. This is for the fuel to be worked out.

I wouldn't guarantee that this is 100%, but I think it is.

Matt

Archived